1. 5+ years of Product Owner experience/experience owning a product
2. Product Owner toolkit: experience running retrospectives, backlog grooming, creating user stories, and being an advocate for the users
3. Experience specifically working on an Ecommerce application within the retail/consumer goods industries
This individual is responsible for understanding complex business opportunities, designing elegant solutions to those problems, and ensuring the final work product delivered satisfies the business objectives while providing consumers with rich and relevant experiences. The ideal candidate must demonstrate a desire to deeply understand the business opportunities and solutions, and dissect complex processes into clear actionable units.
* Partner with key stakeholders to analyze E-Commerce business gaps and opportunities, elicit and capture complete and unambiguous user requirements, and break down complex processes into workable units.
* Listen to business customers in order to understand the high level objectives down to the fine details and convert to accurate user stories that the IT and teams can act upon.
* Effectively facilitate JAP / JAD sessions, build consensus, and define done criteria. Aggregate input from stakeholders to prioritize features and requirements according to business value, and support release and sprint planning meetings.
* Own the quality and accuracy of the requirements, and communicate changes and decisions to the Program Manager and teammates.
* Assist business in creating Wire Frames to complete visual representation of the functional capability of the business need.
* Represent user, functional and non-functional requirements in Use Case and/or User Story and/or any other standard requirements modeling format efficient
* Act as Product Owner in SCRUM framework when required, providing vision and direction of the solution.
* Proven track record with industry leading companies utilizing strong problem solving and analytical skills to understand business challenges and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommend solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals.
* 5 years of proven experience in business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, and verification using waterfall and agile methodologies.
* Exceptional verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate complex and technical concepts tailored to appropriate level based on audience, and the courage to ask compelling and clarifying questions to ensure accuracy and understanding.
* Proven success facilitating meetings that motivate the team, encourage participation, remain on topic, and generate expected outcomes.
* Self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work under pressure in a challenging fast paced environment with tight deadlines. Balances team and individual responsibilities and contributes to building a positive team spirit.
* Excellent time management skills with ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments concurrently and deliver on commitments.
* A sincere and contagious passion
Education, experience or other requirements:
* BS/BA with academic focus in Computer Science or similar
* Software development lifecycle using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
* JIRA or similar
* Understands Agile concepts
* E-Commerce technologies and concepts
* Developing and adapting the product vision.
* Writing new user stories with acceptance criteria.
* Splitting user stories which are too big or merging when too small.
* Grooming your product backlog (think INVEST and DEEP).
* Product backlog prioritization.
* Release planning.
* Continuous observation and analyzing the market.
* Continuous observation, contact and analyzing customers and end users of the product.
* Constant contact with every stakeholder of the product.
* Status reporting to management and stakeholders.
* Sharing insights throughout the department regarding the product.
* Provide input on roadmap.
* Provide feedback to the development team.
* Help the development team connect with the customer's pov.
* Informing, helping and learning in the daily scrum.
* Providing sprint goal and new user stories for sprint planning.
* Giving feedback regarding the achievement of the sprint goal in the sprint review.
* Reflecting and taking action as a team member in the sprint retrospective.
* Helping the team to continuously improve their process.
* Continuous learning about Agile methodologies and LEAN concepts.
* Share and exchange knowledge with other product owners.
* Frequent use of the product.
* Understanding of the product workflow upstream and downstream.
* Manage metrics and KPIs for the product.
* Roadmap scoping for future features.
* Identifying MVP.
Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email [email protected]stems .com for other accommodation options.