Duration: 3 months
Shift hours: 8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.
Under direct supervision, the Product Support Engineer is responsible for manufacturing and design support of electro-mechanical naval based communication and control systems.
• Applies the Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD system to create mechanical layouts and drawings.
• Modifies mechanical and electromechanical assemblies using design for manufacturing (DFM), design for assembly (DFA) principles.
• Develops detailed fabrication and assembly drawings, performs tolerances analysis, design studies and trade studies.
• Specifies mechanical standards and best practices.
• Troubleshoots and resolves mechanical manufacturing and assembly issues.
• Support testing, installation, operation, maintenance and repair of electromechanical equipment.
• Generates project cost estimates and maintains project budgets and schedule.
• Generates engineering design change orders
• Generates engineering Bills of Materials (BOMs)
• Uses established and well defined engineering procedures.
• Able to work simultaneously on a variety of projects.
Mechanical aptitude with ability to complete mathematical calculations - plane and solid geometry
and trigonometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, proportions and measurements.
• In pursuit of a Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology
• 0-3 years of experience in mechanical engineering design of electromechanical equipment and systems.
• Practical experience with computer aided design and analysis software tools.
• Good communication skills
• Completed statics/dynamics, vibration and fluid dynamics course work.