LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.Basic Function
The Product Team Analyst/Functional Developer is a key position in the discovery and delivery of business solutions from information technology. The Product Team Analyst/Functional Developer, through continuous consultation with the functional areas, has a deep understanding of business operations and is capable of articulating solutions in business terms and not technical jargon. They are capable of envisioning potential value for new IT solutions. While a Product Team Analyst/Functional Developer has a deep understanding of specific business areas, that expertise is set into a broader context of understanding of the business processes and technical capabilities that may cross functional boundaries.
The Product Team Analyst/Functional Developer is an individual contributor who is responsible for helping with gathering of business requirements to ensure business objectives are met by the new IT solutions and is a team member during the design, development and execution of projects. The Product Team Analyst/Functional Developer must ensure the full systems lifecycle process is adhered to, overseeing solutions through the entire implementation process. They must be proficient in Project Management disciplines from requirements gathering through implementation of the functional solution. The Product Team Analyst/Functional Developer advocates for their clients and acts as the single point of contact for incident management, new services and resource allocation.
This position reports to the IT Product Team Manager and supports other Product Team Analyst/Functional Developers. They are responsible for developing and maintaining a trusted business relationship driving the greatest possible business value from ITS investments.Roles & Responsibilities
- Supports the Forecast to Plan work stream being familiar with SAP solutions
- Gathers and performs thorough analyses of all the information available
- Maintains relationship with business colleagues with excellent communication
- Works closely with business colleagues, to quickly understand new requirements or problems, then suggest a possible solution
- Lead solution design activities with client groups in a specific business area to create and document business requirements
- Performs development and configuration activities as needed along with working with the technical team for ABAP or web app type solutions
- Creates solution documentation for solutions to ensure approved requirements are met
- Helps develop business cases, considering financial, resource, and technological constraints; develops cost estimates with consideration for business impacts and risks.
- Oversees and follows up on enhancements and small project implementation activities including development solution documents, functional designs. Works with technical developers to ensure business requirements are clear and development activities are on schedule
- Develops unit test cases and performs testing to ensure requirements are met for system modifications or data extracts.
- Consults with business colleagues on appropriate change management activities to achieve organizational readiness for the implementation of changes.
- Demonstrates leadership by coordinating the requirements, specifications, and user acceptance testing efforts.
- Participates in development of short and long term plans.
- Manages incident and problem management for assigned functional areas and client groups in support of on-going operations ensuring compliance with stage gate and internal controls.
- Manages monthly enhancement cycle process for development steps
- Bachelor's Degree required
- At least eight years of related experience
- Knowledge of sales and operation planning and the integration with supply chain
- Configuration and functional development experience a must
- Functional development experience with any of the following SAP modules/components :
- SAP ECC/Core Sales and Distribution, Materials Management, Integrated Business Planning
- Advance Planning and Optimization: Demand Planning, Production Planning/Detailed Scheduling, Global Available to Promise or ATP in general
- Understand available capabilities and services and work with supply to ensure cost efficiently and business needs are met
- 4+ years of solutions and multiple domain experience with increasing levels of responsibility in systems analysis, defining technical requirements, and performing high level design for complex solutions
- 4+ years of work experience in roles with a high level of client or end-user engagement with experience in both support and formal or informal leadership
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written
- Goal driven, action oriented
- When needed, can say 'no' by offering meaningful alternatives
- Understand the drivers of organizational change and interdependencies among all moving parts
- Value oriented, understands technology is a tool with overriding goal of business success
- Partners closely with business partners to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions and provides transparency of portfolio investments.
- More than an 'order taker' they are demand shapers - stimulating, surfacing and shaping business demand.
- Well-grounded in Service Management - represent IT to the business.
- Communicate and defend IT policies and standards, and understand how IT services benefit the business.
- Coordinate/act as a broker of services and suppliers, including Enterprise Architecture, Solution Delivery, Service Management, etc.
This position conducts business in more than 6 countries or in areas/communities that have strong, unique ethnic/cultural traditions. Domestic and international travel of 5% is anticipated.Preferred Qualifications
- Experience working on APO technical objects involving different user exits, BADIs, function modules and other enhancement points
- Experience in the Petrochemical Industry with strong business acumen
- Financial planning and estimating, preferred
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston