SkillStorm is seeking Production / Technical Support for one of our clients in Jersey City, NJ.
- This candidate will perform triage support for reported incidents by users, monitoring systems, NEWS or Maximo alerts, or peer groups.
- Candidate may logon on to Linux/Unix or windows servers to search applications logs for errors, events, or user activities in tracking down root cause of issues or problems.
- Candidate will also leverage and/or contribute information from a wiki to correct the problem.
- Candidate will also need participate in team assignments to update documentation, correct server lists, and perform other reporting routines including application and server performance.
- Candidate will also perform application deployments and participate in the handoffs from developers and preparation of the change documentation
- Support in a large enterprise environment.
- Understanding of ITIL based processes.
- 2-4 years Linux, Unix, Windows Server support.
- 2-4 years performing production support of web or batch applications.
- Good communication skills, great willingness to learn and follow support process and procedures, and great attitude to learn.
- 2-4 years experience with autosys and monitoring tools.
- 2-4 years of database experience;
- Preferred skills include Linux/Unix scripting with Bash, Perl, Python, and/or PHP.
- Strong communication skills and ability to drive support conversations.
- Time management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to provide reporting and metrics is desired.