LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
The position of Production Operator includes multiple tasks that ultimately provide good manufacturing practices and on time delivery to the customer. The individual must be able to communicate production status, communicate problems to proper personnel and understand how it affects other aspects of the operation.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Comply with all safety requirements resulting in zero safety violations. This includes participating in all safety related activities such as safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, etc.
- Follows standard operating procedures for all assigned tasks
- Monitor machine parameters and resolve processing problems.
- Performs all standard QC tests
- Operates all equipment/processes with little supervision
- Generates customer certifications as required
- Performs accurate data entry as required
- Performs equipment maintenance tasks (PM'S, Troubleshoot, repair, etc.), where applicable.
- Maintains accurate production documentation as required
- Maintain a clean work environment ensuring that there are no pellets or debris on the floor or machines and all tools and equipment are in the proper location and storage units
- At least 6 months previous experience in production or manufacturing position preferred
- Ability to work overtime or weekends on short notice as needed
- Basic mathematic and computer skills
- Properly follow written and verbal instructions.
- Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and management
- Ability to multitask
- Maintain excellence attendance
- Mechanically inclined preferred
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language
- Must possess a High School Diploma or G.E.D
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Stand on feet for 8-12 hours
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Willing and able to comply with respiratory fit testing (where applicable)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required to be worn
- Ability to work in moderate noise level atmosphere
- Ability to work in an environment that is not temperature-controlled
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Allentown