LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
The position of Production Shift Supervisor is a team leader, coordinator, coach and mentor to a team of production operators. The Production Shift Supervisor has responsibility for the safe and successful production of all products and processes within the team and uses continuous improvement techniques to drive development in all areas of the business.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Implements, complies with and encourages team members to adhere to all safety requirements resulting in zero safety violations. This includes participating in all Lyondell safety related activities such as GoalZERO and Operational Excellence Standards, along with safety talks, behavioral based safety observations, audits, etc.
* Supervises operational processes and activities to ensure all products meet all established quality requirements, including product integrity and product order documentation
* Directs all related personnel actions to include performance management and disciplinary actions
* Understands manufacturing priorities based on established weekly productions schedules and makes daily assignments to achieve performance expectations.
* Assist operators in problem solving and exercises considerable judgment.
* Directs routine equipment maintenance and set-up.
* Takes leadership role for training and coaching activities, along with continuous improvement activities.
* Promotes and maintains a team work environment.
* Ensures the effective utilization of time and equipment by all self-managed work teams
* Ensures that product quality standards and production deadlines are met
* Ensures the maintenance of cost effective and high-standard production
* Continuously evaluates work force and equipment capabilities and effectiveness to recommend where improvements can be made
* Work with managers to ensure that company policies are being executed
* Provide feedback to the Operations Manager with regards to disciplinary actions
* Effectively communicates operation status to operations management
* Encourage team to meet individual and team goals
* Promote and maintain a team environment that encourages employees to get engaged in the operation and take ownership of tasks
* Maintain time and attendance records
* Promote the importance of maintaining a clean work environment and high housekeeping standards
* 5 years experience in supervisory role
* 2 years experience in manufacturing or plastics processing facility
* Bachelor's degree preferred
* Experience in Lean Six Sigma, 5-S is strongly preferred
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
* Ability to work well with a team and independently
* Effective problem solver
* Ability to work overtime or weekends on short notice as needed
* Ability to apply basic mathematics skills
* Ability to work proactively and support other personnel and departments.
* Possess a professional attitude and strong interpersonal skills in leading and mentoring team members
* Maintain good attendance habits missing minimal work
Work Environment and Physical Demands
- Stand on feet for 8-12 hours
- Ability to lift 50 lbs. or more
- Forklift experience a plus
- Ability to work with fiberglass among other potentially hazardous materials
- Willing and able to comply with respiratory fit testing (where applicable)
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to be worn
- Ability to work in moderate noise level atmosphere
Ability to work in an environment that is not temperature-controlled; very warm temperatures in summer months
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Toledo