Solvay is a multi-specialty chemical company committed to developing chemistry that addresses key societal challenges. We innovate and collaborate with customers in diverse global end markets. NovaCare develops leading edge technologies that affect the behavior of fluids to give them cleansing, softening, moisturizing, hydrating, gelling, texturizing, penetrating or dispersing properties. Its products are found in shampoos, detergents, paints, lubricants, plant protection, mining and oil extraction.
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor for our University Park, IL facilities.
Job Overview and Responsibilities
The primary purpose of the Production Supervisor will be to direct the safe and efficient operation of assigned shift. Uphold HSSE standards and ensure compliance with HSSE and plant procedures. Lead by example. Monitor and drive plant performance indicators and align priorities with production demand. Improve the operating skills, technical knowledge and working environment of the shift.
• Coordinate the activities of the production operators on assigned shift.
• Train new production operators on shift.
• Serve as senior plant representative on off-shifts.
• Act as incident Commander on off shifts.
• Supervise the manufacturing of products in conformance to plant quality standards.
• Supervise the packaging of finished goods in conformance to plant quality standards.
• Follow accurate, timely and visible inventory methods to enhance both physical and electronic inventory accuracies.
• Uphold and advance HSE policies and standards.
• Maintain and improve operating performance of the operations department
Implement improvement projects.
• Insure proactive planning and execution of activities within the operations department.
• Coordinate day-to-day activities to ensure compliance in areas of safety, housekeeping, and training.
• Ensure proper storage and handling of all materials.
• Hold employees accountable for following procedures.
• Issue work permits and enter work orders as required for maintenance/capital project activities in the operations department.
• Comply with plant infrastructure systems (PHMP, ISO 9000, WCM, 3RHSE, Financial Reporting/Management).