Production Support Engineer Summary:
Signature Consultants has a direct hire opportunity for a Production Support Engineer in downtown Chicago. The Production Services team is responsible for running the day-to-day operations of the technology platform. In this role the candidate will work activities specific to Production Services roles include Problem/Incident Management, Change Management, Release/Deployment, Operational Readiness, Capacity/Availability Management, Application Monitoring, Service Analytics and Reporting, Production Governance, Triage, Associate Support, Change/Configuration Management, and vendor engagements.
- Translate business strategy into work programs and processes
- Direct lower-level associates and manages specialty functions
- Initiate and provide leadership, strategic/tactical direction and planning input on all information technology and client/business area issues and in the development of a technology environment which meets current and anticipated business requirements and objectives
- Gatekeeper and governor for all production change related activities/releases as well as team processes and procedures
- Participate with management discussions in the development of technology products, service standards and development efforts that impact the client/business area
- Serve as an escalation point between the client/business area and internal management for the resolution of moderately complex unresolved problems, complaints and service requests
- Responsible for team triaging, vendor engagements, and troubleshooting
- Provides the client areas with technology products and service alternatives that improve the production services environment
- 7-10 years of experience in production support
- Must have scripting experience, preferably Python
- Experience in Linux Server technologies, SQL Server. Python and Geneos ITRS are a plus.
- Ability to exhibit a strong sense of urgency for high severity incidents and to assess the customer impact and provide tactical solutions
- Experience in user interaction in banking support environment. Has experience of good experience leading teams in banking environment
- Knowledge in Capital Markets/ Derivatives functions is a plus.
- Experience with providing generic solutions and avoid re-occurring of incidents and proactively monitor the production environment and identify the potential incidents
- Ability to identify risks and mitigation
- Ability to lead the efficiency improvement ideas and provide required leadership to the team for the same. Provide necessary examples to the team for efficiency improvements
- Skills to proactively identify cross functional or technical issues
- Ability to suggest and implement ideas for enhancing the customer experience and implementing best practices for cost saving.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the eighth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 26 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com.