AIC is seeking a contract IT Program Manager to join our client's team in Dallas. The Program Manager will be in overall, end-to-end, charge of the program, from shaping the approach to get the desired outcomes through to delivery. The position includes coordinating projects and resource management within the program, stakeholder and sponsor communications, reporting, issue resolution, and engagement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OUTCOMES
- Leads the development of the overall approach for the program, its major time frames and the definition of its major deliverables to address and meet the desired goals and outcomes. Accountable for program completion on time and on budget.
- Leads regular interactions with the executive sponsors to inform, alert, negotiate and maintain a continuing good relationship and shared vision for the program outcome.
- Establishes and ensures appropriate governance functions for the program in accordance with enterprise policies, practices and on behalf of the executive sponsor or SRO (senior responsible owner).
- Directs the creation and maintenance of the required program documentation and artifacts.
- Develops and controls the program budget, and manages expenditure within agreed spending plans.
- Ensures and balances the availability of the required skills and competencies across project teams within the program.
- Identifies, resolves and tracks program level issues.
- Identifies program risks and develops a risk mitigation strategy and execution plan. Ensures risk mitigation takes place as planned.
- Leads reviews with executive sponsor and stakeholders to identify organic or specific program needs and/or changes, and directs the development of appropriate approaches to address.
- Leads the development and maintenance of stakeholder mapping, communications, and reporting.
- Acts as an advisor and builds and maintains relationships across the wider stakeholder community.
- Leads the oversight of program projects' execution, their progress compared with the plan and the production of agreed deliverables.
- Monitors and coordinates dependencies across the projects in the program and resolves conflicts.
- Directs or approves the establishment of framework/guidelines for the use of contractors and professional service providers, and determines their use across the program.
- Supports and facilitates agenda setting for program committee/board meetings.
- Build strong relationships with business and technology partners.
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
- Bachelors Degree
- 8+ years of IT experience
- Minimum of 5 years in project/program management
- Significant leadership experience in the logistics industry or adjacent industries.
- Experience in providing program management for software development with a minimum of 20-30 team members in business and technology transformation in a growth-oriented business.
- Significant leadership experience in the logistics industry or adjacent industries
- PMP/Scrum Master certification.
- Strong understanding of program management and Agile application development practices
- Building collaborative relationships.
- Change management.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES IN
- Influencing, leading change that drives business performance.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Conflict management and problem-solving.
- Assessment and decision-making skills.
- Relationship building both within the organization and with external sources.
- Presentation and facilitation skills.
- Deductive and inductive reasoning.
- Critical thinking.
- Forward thinking.
- Technical Expertise.