We are an industry leader with an immediate need for a Program Management Lead. This is a direct hire, permanent job located in Williamsport, PA. Relocation assistance IS available for a qualified candidate not local to the area. We are looking for a Program Manager who ideally has defense or aerospace industry experience. Due to the nature of our work, all candidates MUST be US Citizens and also be able to obtain a security clearance.
In this role you will manage technical and business aspects of a portfolio of technical or engineering product projects. We are NOT looking for Software Development Program Managers. You will lead cross-functional teams, and evaluate products for technical correctness and program compatibility. You will manage product program schedules and costs. You will play a role in developing ideas for new products and for follow-on business.
- Lead cross functional teams assigned to various product programs. Manage schedules, cost, quality, technical issues and risk.
- Prepare reports for management or customers on the status of current programs and conduct program reviews.
- Ensure that products are developed according to contract specifications, and to company and government policies and standards.
- Coordinate with manufacturing and engineering operations to ensure that products are high-quality and delivered within budget and on time.
- Manage areas including non-recurring engineering, recurring tasks, risk management, and financial control and review including earned value.
- Participate in negotiating quotes and proposals for programs, and also for follow-on work.
- Suggest corrective action or cost reductions when program commitments may be at risk.