Client, is currently seeking a talented Program Manager for our radome and reflector manufacturing product lines at our Ayer, MA facility. ESSCO is the world’s premier designer and manufacturer of ground-based radomes, including composite and metal space frame radomes, shipboard and airborne radomes, as well as precision reflectors and antenna products.
• All aspects of assigned programs/projects over the entire life (initiate, plan, execute, control, close). Will be responsible for managing multiple, simultaneous, large projects.
• Familiarization with system scope and project objectives.
• Plan, formulate and maintain the program plan, project schedule and program budget.
• Understand the role and function of each team member, and effectively coordinate the activities of the team to meet scope/schedule requirements.
• Through expert communication and leadership skills, establish a common understanding among team members on project timelines, milestones, budgets and expectations on delivery.
• Manage project schedule and scope to ensure continued alignment with contract requirements and budgets.
• Complete monthly estimates-at-completion (EAC) during life of projects.
• Review new project Turnover Packages from the Sales Department and/or Finance to determine technical, schedule and staffing requirements.
• Monitor and assess project/program performance. Identify problems and institute corrective actions, as required.
• Review product design for compliance with engineering principles, company standards, customer contract requirements and related specifications and legal requirements.
• Evaluate and approve design changes, specifications and Bill of Materials (BOM) and drawing package releases.
• Control all post-configuration freeze product changes by documenting all requests in the Design Review Notification (DRN) and Change Order (CO) databases.
• Document all design/schedule/cost changes and communicate these changes to the customer, and receive written customer approval on all changes prior to implementation.
• Control expenditures within the limitations of the project budget and regularly report on project budget to actual performance via the EAC process.
• Consistently and professionally communicate with customers on project status, changes, etc. Supervise all customer communications from the Engineering, Operations and Sales Departments.
• Manage final inspection procedure (in-house and customer ATP) logistics for large scale programs.
• Arrange and manage customer interface at final factory acceptance/test.
• Manage final acceptance documentation and ensure proper procedure is used in accordance with customer and contract specifics (for example, DD-250 for certain government programs).
• Actively participate in growth of the business by identifying and developing approaches to new business opportunities with new and/or current customers.
• Responsible for partnering with Sales and management to develop long term strategic plans to increase and maximize business opportunities. Regularly travel with salespeople to maintain an understanding of the market and to help drive product innovation and process improvement.
• Provide leadership and mentoring to lesser-experienced PMs on processes and “best practices” and assist in development of career progression plans for these individuals.
• Initiate formalization of PM processes and procedures that promote both organizational efficiency AND agility.