UPS Supply Chain Solutions is currently seeking a Distribution Area Manager. He/She sets expectations and priorities for parts distribution, high tech equipment repairs, and component salvage operations to ensure performance metrics, service, and financial goals are met. This position interacts with UPS and Supply Chain Solutions (SCS) Sales and Solutions teams to develop new customers and generate additional business from existing customers. He/She interacts with customers to obtain performance feedback and participate in customers' quarterly business reviews. This position manages profit and loss (P&L) statements to determine revenue and operating margins and to initiate process improvement for achieving efficiencies and financial goals. He/She reviews customer contract terms to ensure UPS maintains service levels with customers. The Distribution Area Manager oversees managers within the department.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Provides support and validates proposed solutions for new business to enhance and increase UPS's chances for winning the business.
- Utilizes cross-selling of UPS enterprise solutions to create organic growth opportunities, to establish and maintain quality business relationships, and to increase customer reliance on UPS.
- Develops strategic relationships with key customers to ensure long-term account stability, prevent churn, and garner UPS resources for meeting customer needs.
- Manages customer escalations and expectations to maintain relationships, to secure UPS's position with the customer, and to grow the business.
- Manages vendor relationships to ensure service and performance levels are met and to maintain consistency and fairness among vendor accounts.
- Sets targets for operational goals (i.e., productivity, quality, and financial) to ensure inventory and shipment accuracy, to maintain repair quality standards, and to promote a philosophy of continuous improvement.
- Manages facility P&Ls to ensure financial objectives are met and to make necessary adjustments for meeting business plan goals.
- Assists SCS Operations, Finance and Accounting, and Sales with customer contract renewals and mid-contract adjustments to maintain pricing consistency and to ensure UPS value is visible to the customer.
- Monitors key performance indicators to ensure UPS performance levels meet customer requirements.
- Monitors contract compliance to ensure UPS deliverables and objectives are met and to protect revenue streams.
- Maintains customer relationships and conducts facility tours to ensure the proper solutions are developed and presented and to demonstrate UPS world-class operations standards and quality.
Manages and Develops Others:
- Manages resources and people processes (e.g., Quality Performance Review [QPR], Career Development, Training, Staffing, etc.) to ensure the day to day administration of processes and formal procedures.
- Identifies individual and team skill gaps and developmental opportunities (e.g., training, special assignments, conferences, projects, etc.) to facilitate individual and team development.
- Holds others accountable to established performance levels to achieve individual and group goals.
- Coaches others and provides on-going feedback and support to improve performance.
- Identifies opportunities to involve others in new and challenging work assignments and/or rotations that advance the skills and capabilities of individuals and the organization.
- Demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of UPS's products, services, and customer facing technology solutions across multiple business units.
- Monitors the business need to identify any changes; breaks the business down into smaller components to better prioritize where attention should be focused; identifies related business needs.
- Uses multiple strategies to persuade others; identifies and removes barriers to agreements; wins concessions effectively; provides input into future negotiation processes or strategies.
- Integrates a broad knowledge of supply chains within customer organizations to solve complex customer problems; develop strategies to meet the customer’s supply chain needs.
- Aerospace and Defense industry experience/knowledge.
- 5-7 years of operations experience in a high-volume warehouse or manufacturing operation required.
- 3-5 years of operations management experience with P&L responsibility.
- Experience with implementations or systems customization.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law