Analysts is looking for sharp candidates for an 100% remote Programmer Analyst (Alteryx proficient) for a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with a terrific client!
US Citizen or Green Card only - client cannot sponsor. Prefer someone in Central or Eastern time zone (client is Eastern).
The Programmer Analyst will support the Austere environments Consortium for Enhanced Sepsis Outcomes (ACESO). Our client provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to ACESO.
The primary responsibility of the Programmer Analyst is to work on data extraction, transformation and loading to support research and data visualization projects and manage the data quality controls process for multiple clinical studies. These responsibilities involve assisting data scientists with data hygiene routines, custom report-writing and creating data visualization projects to support the proliferation of study-based outcomes.
Programmer Analyst - Responsibilities:
- Create and implement data ingest pipelines and transformations into the research data access platform (includes setting up automated ETL processes, supporting the data warehouse/data lake environment and data visualization tools) to comply with FHIR standards. (50%)
- Creates, manages and executes Quality Control and Quality Assurance processes for complete data life cycle. (15%)
- Extract and transform data to comply with data scientists' requirements and assist in the development of data visualization and reporting functions. (15%)
- Develop and validate the creation and maintenance of enterprise data definitions and metadata. (10%)
- Participate in project planning to ensure effective use of technology and/or business process to meet internal and external customers' needs. (10%)
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned or directed by the supervisor.
Programmer Analyst - Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Requires extensive knowledge of data modeling, data management, data hygiene best practices, and data conversion/transformation techniques. Experience working in these areas in clinical research operations or health systems is highly desired.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant work experience required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field required.
- Requires knowledge of data integration tools, data modeling tools, metadata tools, and database design. Understands the range of options and best practices for ETL processes including optimization, and performance tuning. Proficiency is needed in Alteryx. Tableau experience is a plus.
- Requires proficiency in SQL programming, query writing, query performance tuning, and database technologies.
- Requires analytical ability to solve complex technical problems and participate as part of a globally dispersed staff.
- Knowledge of ETL processes, cloud-based storage and data management technologies in support of large data warehouse/data lake environments.
- Preferred Experience with the following databases, workbenches, and codebases: SQL Server, SQL Server Management Studio, T-SQL, MySQL, Python, PHP, PostGreSQL, R, SAS, SPSS, Java, C++, IIS, Stata.
- Advanced knowledge of clinical data management systems (e.g. REDCap, Florence, Complion, Veeva, OpenClinica, Medidata Rave, Oracle Clinical One).
- Ability to manage multiple, highly complex and/or large studies concurrently.
- Proficiency in the understanding of all aspects of clinical trial data management (e.g. case report form design, data entry instructions, data management and quality assurance plans, resource planning, data status tracking, etc.).
- Working knowledge of good data management practices as defined by the Society for Clinical Data Management, Good Clinical Practices, FDA, and ICH-related regulatory requirements and terminology for clinical studies.
Travel Requirements: This position will be based remotely; however, incumbent may be required to meet with partners, sponsors, and/or attend local conferences/training events within a 50-miles radius of home location. Any travel over 50-miles will be reimbursed by the program.