Classification: Programmer Analyst
Partnering with Robert Half Technology, a prestigious Financial Services company is looking for a Programmer Analyst with knowledge of software and applications programming and industry requirements to formulate and define systems scope and objectives. Using research and fact-finding, you will recommend developments and modifications for applications or databases. Based in Johnston, Iowa, this is a long-term temporary Programmer Analyst employment opportunity you do not want to miss.
What you get to do every single day
- Creates dictionaries for applications and systems support by the analyst, and manages updates to maintain them
- Build and test programming changes for each phase of systems development prior to implementation. Writes test cases and expected results. Reviews results for conformance to requirements. May plan simple tests or a defined subset of a larger system test. May make recommendations for acceptance/rejection if requirements are not all met
- Assesses processing systems. Builds improvement recommendations
- Aids in creating communication materials for certain system changes being implemented in production
- Analyzes user requests for systems changes or improvements. Documents functional requirements and assesses cost, feasibility and utility. Develops recommendation as to how, when or whether to proceed with making the changes
- Assists internal clients with applications, systems and/or processes for identifying and resolving, processing/reporting programming problems. Provides consultation that can include troubleshooting and/or education
- Analyzes and records issues, collaborating with other programmers to fix code problems
- Supports end users and other partner groups, providing ongoing training and assistance for a particular application, system or process
- 7+ years experience as a project leader for the business portion of developmental applications or major systems improvements
- Ability to effectively interact, verbally and in writing
- Command of PC and mainframe hardware/software
- Essential project management skills, including project planning and tracking principles; project risk and issues identification, assessment, tracking, and mitigation
- Demonstrated grasp of programming languages
- Java experience desired
- Deep understanding of MVC Framework
- Expertise in Agile project management
For consideration, please reach out to email@example.com.
Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person.
Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people — it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.