UPS is seeking a Plant Engineering Project Engineer to impact the organization by providing design, estimate and project administration for various facility modifications (new construction and improvements). A major responsibility is to estimate project costs, assist with or develop schedules, drawings, feasibility studies, and project funding requests. This position is also responsible for creating and sending out bid documents and project manuals, evaluate incoming bids and project estimates, recommend awards or contracts, and manage on-site construction activities to deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Project Management: Develop project management plans and lead the implementation for basic projects of short duration requiring limited coordination and resources; support initiatives with well-defined project needs and cross-functional roles/responsibilities throughout the project life cycle; manage minimal organizational resistance to cross-functional project demands; employ project management tools and technology (e.g., Microsoft Project, Program Management Group website, etc.) appropriately.
- Manage Facility Modifications of buildings and equipment including problem definition, analysis, feasibility study, appropriation, scope definition, drawing and specification development, estimating, contractor selection, permitting, bid solicitation and analysis, contract administration, quality assurance, commissioning, and project close-out.
- Technical knowledge of A&E design practices, estimating, construction techniques, equipment industry standards, and contractor management.
- Monitor projects, programs, and systems to ensure work meets time, cost, and quality parameters. Balance schedule, cost, and quality of work.
- Bachelors’ degree in an engineering field, construction management or similar field is preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in construction management or equivalent experience is preferred.
- Candidates must have technical knowledge of A&E design practices, estimating, construction techniques, equipment industry standards, and contractor management.
- Candidates must be able to express complex thoughts clearly and simply; makes sure key points are communicated with clarity; must be effective in both written and oral communications.
- Candidates must be able to work cooperatively to meet organizational goals; draw on resources from groups and lend resources to groups; includes other functions and groups in problem-solving processes.
- Candidates must be able to define clear, actionable and measurable plans; organize work and set priorities so everyone knows what to do. Analytical problem solver.
- Competent on Microsoft Office and AutoCad.
- Willing to travel
- Proficiency in English required.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer – race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity