ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Contract Review and Approval:
- Review draft contract for invoicing terms, project costing, and other financial specifics such as, retention/retainer, prevailing wage, sub-consultant, charge rates, unit pricing, etc.
Project Team Involvement:
- Provide historical project data
- Provide charge rate and related data for fee estimates and project proposals
- Primary point of contact with outside client accounting staff to assist with project financial data inquiries
- Provide exceptional customer service to all clients ensuring satisfaction with financial services
- Review project set-up to ensure accuracy
- Update/maintain client billing information
- Review and maintain proper project costing for revenue recognition
- Reconcile, Inactivate, and Close project data
- Provide assistance, when necessary, with new/existing client approvals/submittals
- Review client billing data for invoicing requirements
- Confirm project costing data
- Assist Accounts Receivable Specialist by providing billing data when necessary
- Assist Project Managers with collection calls on outstanding debts
- Update MIS with collection data when received
- Distribute draft invoices to Project Managers
- Review/Input unit pricing data as required
- Produce accurate and timely client invoices (internal and external)
- Ensure all required backup documentation accompanies client invoices
- Mail/Email or upload all client invoices
- Promote and establish point of contact with client accounting staff on project financial and invoicing matters
- Archive client invoices
- Provide exceptional customer service to enhance client experience and satisfaction
- Minimum of two years accounting experience preferably with a professional services firm
- Minimum of one year experience with invoices, cost estimate spreadsheets and timesheets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, Adobe Acrobat
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong editing/proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently, as well as with others
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Valid Indiana driver’s license and good driving record required
Our commitment to you
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.