This engineering position is responsible for creating new and improving upon existing product designs for the Kilian-Syracuse location, providing support to customers through rapid and innovative product designs. The incumbent must be able to work with internal and external customers independently & effectively to support and develop manufacturable engineered bearing solutions that satisfy the customer.
The efforts from this position support the sales growth and profitability of the Company.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Rapid creation of designs for customer applications.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes to ensure functional and cost-effective designs.
- Project Manager for all assigned programs (meeting deadlines, ie. Production Part Approval Process is a must).
- Comply with IATF 16949 documentations.
- Work closely with all cross-functional members of the Kilian team.
- Knowledge of ISO and/or IATF quality standard, PPAP (Production Part Approval Process), FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), VA/VE (Value Analysis/ Value Engineering) practices.
- Must be an efficient user of Autodesk Inventor.
- Must be able to travel to customers' location to work through engineering issues and provide support.
- Skills operating a personal computer to complete daily tasks is essential.
- Proficiency in English language skills, including effective verbal and written communication.
- Excel, Word and Power Point experience required.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects in an organized and timely manner.
- Willingness to learn, share ideas and grow professionally.
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 3+ years' experience in Design Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Automotive Quality background preferred.
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Willingness and ability to work extended hours, including overtime and weekends as required.
The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ''Altra Company.'' Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ''EEO is the Law'' poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. Individuals who need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process will have the opportunity to request accommodation during the application process.