- Working in teams to identify, design and execute leading edge solutions for GHD clients
- Developing project scope and deliverables with clients to ensure timely and efficient completion of tasks.
- Experience with project management and budgeting
- Perform site visits to verify design criteria, collect data and document construction completion details in accordance with engineering plans
- Coordinate design teams and communicate regulatory requirements
- Ability to coordinate activities with vendors, clients and contractors
- Perform field work at various project sites as required
- Assisting with business development, project coordination/management and building exceptional client relationships
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with project team members, regulators and clients
- Preparation of technical correspondence, project proposals, cost estimates, technical reports, work plans, permit applications and project specifications
What you will bring to the team:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in civil, mechanical, agricultural or water resource engineering or equivalent
- 5-10 years of relevant work experience in engineering or related field
- PE license or ability to obtain within 12 months
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and sound technical judgment
- Attention to detail along with strong organizational skills
- Positive attitude; good interpersonal skills; mentorship to junior staff
- Must be self-motivated, flexible, team player, willing to work on a wide variety of tasks with minimal supervision
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to travel and perform field work, and overnight travel
- 25-50% travel within Wisconsin
- OSHA 40 hour HAZWOPER certification is a plus
Fostering gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume via the link above.
As a multicultural organization, we encourage individual achievement and recognize the strength of a diverse workforce. GHD is an equal opportunity employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status or veteran status.