Job Title: Project Engineer-Roof Systems
Location: Northville, MI
Employment Type: Direct hire
The incumbent is expected to perform the following functions that the company has determined are essential to this position:
• Develop and coordinate products and products specifications related to Sunroofs
• Develop product specifications based on customer requirements, related parts specifications and design policy
• Modify product specifications in accordance with product test results, vehicle test results, etc.
• Implement application design by adapting Client’s original designs to meet customer requirements
• Create, review, and issue internal and customer drawings
• Develop evaluation plans and coordinate implementation
• Determine root cause, create countermeasures, and implement product changes to address test or field related concerns
• Participate in and prepare engineering documentation including DFMEA, DRBFM, DVP&R, etc.
• Analyze and interpret test results and take appropriate countermeasures as needed
• Coordinate engineering promotional activities and prepare necessary material (presentation materials, samples, test vehicles, etc.)
• Work with the sales department to develop sales strategies
• Investigate technical trends, market trends, product trends, governmental regulations, etc.
• Benchmark assigned products