“A CareerBuilder Company” is seeking Project Engineer for their facility in Saline, MI.
The Project Engineer / Resident Engineer provides on-site engineering support to the manufacturing facilities to improve efficiencies and product quality for current production programs and launching programs, serving as a liaison between corporate engineering, manufacturing and our customers.
- Develop, optimize and improve the design, cost and tooling of assigned programs.
- Provide technical expertise to allow for efficient response and resolution of design related issues.
- Communicate product engineering-related issues experienced in the plant facilities.
- Develop DVPs and coordinate required testing to validate product changes.
- Participate in problem solving and problem reduction for all customer warranty issues; assist with design correction issues and chargebacks.
- Drive cost-reducing and productivity-enhancing activities, including reduction of scrap and downtime, increased ergonomic safety, updating cell layouts, and supporting the Design for Assembly (DFA) concepts.
- Interface with OEM customers, represent Engineering and/or Sales teams on the plant floor, and report all commercial issues.