Our client is a successful precision machining aerospace business and has engaged us for a search for a Project engineer to work on projects under the direction of a Senior Project Manager. A successful candidate will be able to work independently and manage project deliverables on a project in addition to presenting the status, influencing others to support the project(s) and to achieve project timelines.
Education and Experience
• Associates degree or higher or equivalent experience in Mechanical or Industrial engineering/technology or a similar technical field
• 5 years’ experience in manufacturing is mandatory.
• 3 or more years of direct experience in project management with examples of taking a lead role in directing project milestones.
• Experience in project management in a manufacturing environment is mandatory.
• Familiarity with machining processes and equipment is required.
• Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
• Proven experience with influencing others or indirect people management
• Should be familiar with Lean Manufacturing concepts, green-belt or black-belt certification is preferred.
• Must be a US Citizen or authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.