LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 18 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
During a time of uncertainty and challenges in adjacent industries, LyondellBasell continues to invest in major projects and add to its workforce. This is a rare career opportunity to make a deep and lasting footprint on the company's landscape. As a member of our dynamic Global Project Management Team, you will provide direct management of the project engineering, discipline engineering, and technical assurance functions assigned to a major capital project ranging from $10M to $500MM+ for both Chemical & Petroleum Processing facilities within the company.
US offices are located at the Houston Engineering Center just 14 short miles NE from Downtown Houston, TX. This is a direct-hire position with competitive base salary, annual bonus, 401K matching, generous benefits package, pension, employee discounts, and much, much more!
Roles & Responsibilities
As a member of our dynamic Global Project Management Team, you will support projects ranging from $10M to $500MM+ utilizing an FEL process for both Chemical & Petroleum Processing facilities within the company. US offices are currently located at our Houston Engineering Center, which is just 19 short miles from Downtown Houston, TX.
- Employ the company's Project Management Process in development and execution of capital projects up to $500MM
- Support definition of project objectives, scope development, and front end engineering in support of the project objectives
- Identify, analyze, and manage risk on projects under direction of the Project Manager
- Lead teams, including company and contract personnel, in resolution of technical and commercial issues
- Prepare and implement project execution plans
- Accountable for project cost and schedule controls, project reporting
- Support GP efforts to obtain funding for projects
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to gather information and develop a thorough understanding of the project, while providing strong leadership skills to lead a diverse cross-functional team is essential
- The individual must demonstrate strong personal initiative; have sound planning and problem solving capability, and effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Some domestic travel, overnight stays required. Infrequent international travel may be necessary
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and projects effectively
- PE and/or PMP Certification a plus
- 5-10 years of prior experience working in the chemical, petrochemical, refining, or similar industry as a project engineer/manager or as a member of a project team
- Managed a project valued $10-$50 million
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or closely related technical degree
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and effectively handle multiple projects and/or changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Galveston
Nearest Secondary Market: Houston