The Project Engineer will assist in capital programs and projects for manufacturing. Work with the engineering staff to provide the highest project management effectiveness to support the company's business strategies and add the highest possible value.
- Identifying and solving issues and managing scope, budget and quality in a proactive, timely manner.
- Works as a team with engineering support to facilitate completion of specific projects.
- Assist in management of scheduling, budgeting, coordinating project objectives within budgetary limits and reporting status.
- Providing process engineering and equipment layout, integration, and specification services for projects which include comparative analysis, technical evaluations and executive summary for senior management.
- Vendor equipment investigation, selection, price negotiation, coordination, and procurement efforts related to projects.
- Contractor scope development, management of contractors and inspection of construction to ensure adherence to company standards for safety, quality and practices.
- Participate in monthly and/or weekly project reviews for technical and design concerns with Senior Management.
- Preparation and review of scope documents, job specifications, proficiency evaluation, price negotiations and contract terms.
- Analyze and plan for installation of equipment and related construction activities.
- Examines and inspects work progress, equipment and construction sites.
- Assists in project start-up and commissioning of equipment and systems.
- Improve manufacturing line performance, evaluation of performance metrics to understand areas of improvement.
- Expert in Auto-CAD.
- Strong project management skills required.
- Familiarity with high speed food manufacturing processes related to Chocolate, fruit flavors, drink bases, or confectionery is very desirable.
- Experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Adobe Illustrator is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical thinking, problem solving skills and an aptitude for detail and strong organizational abilities.
- Strong presentation and interpersonal skills with customers (internal and external) and vendors.
- Experience in development, installation, start up, commissioning and close out of capital projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related course study.
- Minimum 5 year's experience (7 + years preferred) in an Engineering role in a Food Manufacturing environment.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.