LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
The Project Lead/Senior Project Lead within FP&A Systems and Projects will play supporting and lead project management roles to support FP&A projects and initiatives, providing consistency across our global functional teams as appropriate. Assist in the governance of the various enterprise resource planning systems and business intelligence software used by the FP&A organization, supporting the FP&A Governance Committee and Super Users initiatives, and playing a key role for the Systems & Projects group in driving premier customer service for Global FP&A initiatives and projects.
- Play an integral role in developing processes and technical solutions to support the delivery of the Finance management reporting & analysis requirements:
- Develop, support, and assist in governance in all FP&A management reporting, forecasting, budgeting and other functional systems.
- Manage multiple projects as needed, including project plan development, coordination of project deliverables, creation of Business Requirements documentation, workflow documentation and maintenance, milestone/task tracking, testing, and implementation.
- Provide system and process developments solutions.
- Assist Systems & Projects Manager in maintenance of centralized project platform, providing status updates, and aligning and prioritizing system developments with the FP&A and/or Finance initiatives.
- Active in the Super Users group and aide in understanding of training needs.
- Liaison between FP&A and ITS:
- Manage coordination between functional and technical subject matter experts to ensure developments are technically feasible, effective, and aligned to the global processes and FP&A roadmap.
- Partner closely with the technical IT support team to drive system enhancements, user acceptance testing, troubleshooting, and other maintenance activities related to Finance systems.
- Understand business requirements, contribute to design ideas, and aide in the development of technical solutions to support them.
- Serve as an internal change management consultant, understanding key stakeholders and determining effective form of communication based on project.
- Develop and maintain close business relationships with various Finance, ITS, and Business organizations to ensure the timely receipt of deliverables, maintain data quality, and detect opportunities for process improvement.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 7+ years of experience in various accounting, finance, or MIS related functions.
- Strong project or process management skill and experience.
- Proficient in enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems (e.g. SAP, BPC, HFM) and business intelligence (BI) software (e.g. Business Warehouse, Analysis for Office, Business Objects, Crystal for Reporting, Business Analytics).
- Demonstrate the ability to identify opportunities for synergy and can simplify complex processes into efficient work flow.
- Experience with designing and communicating processes and procedures, achieving results, and provide solutions via the team.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and familiarity with IFRS principles.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and effectively manage key stakeholder expectations and deadlines. Includes responding to numerous (and often urgent) requests from multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to effectively operate across different functional areas, organizations, and cultures.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills required for coordinating and executing schedules, deadlines, and thoroughly documented procedures.
- Self-driven, motivated, and intellectually curious.
- Ability to shape decisions; engage with stakeholders; and rally support to drive operational and reporting excellence.
- Strong presentation skills to communicate project concerns, updates, and results clearly and concisely.
- Strong strategic and problem solving skills.
- Experience in Data Analytics and dash boarding tools such as Design Studio and Tableau.
- Experience with Finance and Accounting system implementations or conversions.
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.