The Project Manager is responsible for the definition, planning, and delivery of complex product/technology capabilities that require cross-functional collaboration and alignment to product/technology roadmaps. Includes management of interdependencies between a group of projects or a single project, and related activities within the constraint of scope, quality, time and budget. Understands the product/technology roadmap, capabilities, and the business value proposition. Develops and communicates a data-driven impact analysis, including risk assessment and mitigation. Assesses, tracks, and addresses financial and budgetary statuses. Ensures the business value is delivered and realized for the capability and passed on to customers
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to the definition, planning, and delivery of product/technology capability roadmaps, working with the executive sponsor (Director or higher), and other management as required to ensure achievement of the objectives as defined.
- Organize, direct, and coordinate cross-functional activities to focus resources on the successful delivery and implementation of the desired results for a defined program and/or strategic initiative.
- Plan, organize and control the day-to-day operation of the project, including budgetary oversight and optimal resource utilization.
- Work with stakeholders to frame out delivery strategy and approach. Organize, plan, and maintain delivery roadmap consisting of cross-functional activities/projects.
- Work with stakeholders to assemble backlogs. Lead solutions or teams in the development and maintenance of comprehensive plans.
- Work with Executive Sponsor and other management as required to achieve the delivery objectives. Acquire understanding of the value proposition of the capability/technology.
- Understand customer needs and regulatory requirements in each impacted business area.
- Identify and develop corrective action plans for business impacts, as needed, to maintain the viability of the project/program.
- Leverage industry leading Lean and Agile practices and audit requirements as applicable.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Educations and/or Experience:
- 5-7+ years of proven experience managing and delivering enterprise projects successfully
- 5+ years of implementing new software at the enterprise level (50+ users) required
- 3+ years working with large scale data migrations, conversions and extractions required
- 3-5+ years of experience interfacing with and presenting to C-level executives
- 5-7+ years managing matrixed employees (Subject Matter Experts)
- 3+ years managing external vendor relationships, service levels and contracting negotiations
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously with minimal oversight
- Ability to interpret customer business needs and translate into application and/or operational requirements
- Excellent time management, verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite including PowerPoint, Visio and MS Project required
- General knowledge of SQL database structures preferred
- High attention to detail required
- Bachelor’s Degree required (in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or Business Administration required +
- PMP, Lean, Six Sigma Certification or 3+ years working directly with Lean concepts and Six Sigma methodology highly preferred
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.