AZZ WSI Canada, ULC
AZZ WSI Canada is the worldwide leader in developing and delivering specialized installation and maintenance solutions through automated welding, weld cladding, and weld overlay technologies that extend the life and maximize the value of assets throughout the energy industry. Office located in Leduc, AB.
The Project Manager will be responsible for overall project portfolio performance for his assigned project portfolio. A typical project portfolio will consist of delivering multiple repair projects totaling approx. $20M per year. The Project Manager is responsible for the planning and execution of projects to quoted time schedules and profit margins. The Project Manager will be responsible for technical and commercial review of all work scope opportunities and prepare detailed bid proposals to achieve required business growth. Typical expectation is prepare and deliver 20 to 40 repair bid proposals per year.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, preferably in mechanical, materials or welding. A Masters' degree is highly desirable. Experience: 5+ years needed. A Project Management Certification is preferred.
- Background in welding processes / technologies is required.
- Familiarity with petrochemical process systems and fossil fuel power generation systems operations is required.
- Familiarity with organized labor unions (Pipefitter and Boilermaker) is desirable.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
- Financial Planning, Management and Reporting skills
- Strong technical aptitude (prior process systems/repair experience preferred)
- Strategic business planning skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Organization and planning skills
- Contract negotiation and closure skills
- Procurement / subcontractor management experience
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Project.
- Proficiency in P6 an asset.
- Experience with large project execution (>$2M) that include engineering, subcontractor management, extensive planning and field implementation.
- Background in welding processes / technologies
- Familiarity with petrochemical process systems and fossil fuel power generation systems operations
- Familiarity with organized labor unions (Pipefitter and Boilermaker)
- Primary responsibility for operations of assigned projects, including: project startup/checklist, preparation of detailed project schedule, developing project staffing and identifying the skill-sets needed to execute the work, developing project tool list, timely identification of problems and proposal of creative solutions, establish project budgets, and fosters teamwork among all involved parties.
- Responsible for regular project updates, requisition processing, regular schedule updates, invoicing notification, overall project quality control and safety, and project close out procedures.
- Foster an enthusiastic, creative, 'can do' attitude.
- Maintain open, daily communication with Superintendent and Field Staff.
- Escalate decisions and unresolved issues to management.
- Keep Senior AZZ WSI management informed on project status.
- Have full P&L responsibility for the assigned projects portfolio to include bid preparation, contract closure, and projects delivery, to meet AZZ WSI's overall business commitments to their stakeholders.
- Regular reporting to management regarding projects revenue forecasting, sales closure activity, and projects delivery (operations) status for the assigned projects portfolio.
- Manage the bid proposal process and operational delivery process through use of in-house resources, as needed, to fulfill customer requirements and achieve target profit goals for all projects.
- Develop ongoing account relationships that can be leveraged to further the development of existing accounts and gain exposure to increasing levels of business activity (RFQ and outage maintenance planning).
- Prepare and present (for approval) all assigned commercial proposals prior to delivery to the customer to ensure the following:
- proposal content is complete and accurate
- technical accuracy for the work scope stated
- commercial terms and strategy meet requirements
- on time delivery
- Negotiate profitable closure on all contracts to ensure terms and conditions meet financial goals.
- Develop project delivery schedules required to meet customer commitments. Monitor and report on performance of all projects with regard to quality, cost, schedule, and customer satisfaction.
- Leverage project implementation exposure and performance for added work and account penetration.
- Maximize project customer and financial closure, as required, to ensure commercial objectives and account relations are maximized.
- Other duties as assigned by Management.
General office environment. Travel commensurate with the customer requirements and position requirements to carry out job responsibilities to include but not limited to construction sites & production facilities.
Sitting for long periods at a computer. Standing, walking, sitting, lifting up to 30 lbs.
Travel approximately up to 50% the time to customer sites which may include the construction site.