LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Working in a team environment, Project Manager - Instrumentation and Electrical Design Lead is responsible for managing/developing and optimizing single discipline capital projects and ensuring business requirements are in line with the project objectives and deliverables. Responsibilities also include implementing best practices, developing and optimizing processes and procedures to align and comply with LyondellBasell (LYB) global standards; as well as supporting project design and support activities. The position interacts with other engineers, designers, specialists, and technicians at the site, corporate technical networks, peers at other locations, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve project deliverables and success.
Roles & Responsibilities
* Managing assigned single discipline Capital Projects in a Gated environment budgeted up to $1MM
* Evaluating the assigned projects and designs to comply with Company Safety, Health, Environmental and PSM standards, specifications and procedures, and ensuring projects and designs adhere to them
* Developing the scope and project plan of the assigned Capital Project
* Ensuring the business requirements are in line with the project objectives and deliverables
* Developing the project plan for the assigned Capital Project
* Provides technical guidance to internal designers, Designs Engineering customers and external suppliers.
* Provides leadership for 5-8 I&E Designers and CAD Operators in support of shutdown/turnaround projects, routine maintenance and capital installations
* Leads Drafting and Design resource planning and development for the I&E design team
* Maintains accountability for the team's and projects overall performance
* Forecasts project completion dates for sharing with project controls, project managers, and other customers
* Provides quality assurance checking for all instrument & electrical design packages
* Leads the coaching / mentoring / training requirements for assigned Drafting and Design company and contract resources including sharing of technology enhancements with other Designs Groups
* Provides quality solutions for complex I&E designs and guidance on LYB Engineering Standards and I&E specifications
* Manages SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI) across the complex. Serves as Drafting's Subject Matter Expert (SME) for SPI.
* Provides resources to support transfer of instrument data from AutoCAD to SPI.
* Identifies opportunities to expand use of SPI, develops and executes training plans and recommends enhancement to SPI configuration.
* Prepares and maintains quality procedures for internal and external design teams.
* Provides management with progress reports on a monthly basis on all projects.
* Provides support to electrical and instrument technicians on an as-needed basis
* Supports the development of plant engineering processes and procedures to align with corporate standards.
* High School Diploma (or equivalent) with minimum 15 years of experience in Instrument & Electrical design or Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of 8 years' experience developing I&E project scopes, reviewing completed designs and executing field projects
* Minimum 4 years checking of completed designs for a team of 6 or more designers
* Minimum of 5 years design experience in the chemical or refining industry
* Experience in successful execution of plant projects
* Demonstrated experience collecting as-built information in operating facilities
* Demonstrated experience leading complex multi discipline design projects
* Demonstrated experience leading single discipline capital projects
* Demonstrated experience developing and maintaining Process Safety Management (PSM) regulated drawings
* Project management skills, PMP certificate is preferred
* Interpretation and application of industry codes and standards preferred
* Demonstrated basic understanding of estimating tools and cost control preferred
* Demonstrated basic knowledge of AutoCAD and SmartPlant Instrumentation (SPI) or INtools
* Process instrumentation and control valves
* Motors, motor controls, and drives
* Analyzers and sample systems
* PLC maintenance, troubleshooting, and programming
* Distributed control systems
* Basic knowledge of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) design and logic
* Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, CAD)
* Low voltage and high voltage application
* Must exhibit an understanding of business drivers, management of change requirements, reliability processes, and project workflow.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Lake Charles