Project Manager - II
24 Months +
- Works on projects of moderate scope where analysis of situation or data requires a review of identifiable factors.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Decision-making and independence are involved but limited.
- 5-7 years of experience
- Project Manager will be responsible for leading activities for fiber build in support of the ODN program in the Houston market.
- The candidate will work very closely with functional teams including Network, Engineering, Planning and IT. In this role they will act as a key contributor to the ODN Program and will identify opportunities to design, develop, build, test and implement fiber builds.
- The individual will work across network, enterprise and other product teams to lead and deliver key sites for the ODN launch.
- Responsibilities include managing and tracking visibility and communication across various internal and external partners.
- The individual will be expected to manage time, meetings, and professional communications; including documenting findings and make recommendations to directors and above. The person should be an effective communicator as the position is highly visible.
- The individual needs to be an independent worker who can self-manage with minimum supervision.
The position focuses on:
- Developing and implementing fiber builds for ODN Program
- Working across the organization to define opportunities to leverage and influence technology with respect to ODN
- Demonstrates strong leadership and communication skills and ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization. Leads and develops teams of direct/indirect reports.
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Networking design experience in a cellular or telecommunications environment.
- Five or more years of experience in a relevant technical organization performing network program management.
- PMP Certification.