Project Manager - Level 3
Location: Washington DC
Services are critical to MTPD as we continue to mitigate immediate Safety/Security day-to-day, but more importantly, to lead a shift from reactive to proactive and utilizing data to better manage safety.
Description of Resource: All IT support services which include, hardware and software installation, data recovery, video, modem
configuration which is required for the officers to continue day to day functions like investigation using the MTPD solutions.
- Project Management oversight of CAD/RMS, MTPD Mobile, IA Pro, BlueTeam DR/High Availability, LInX, Property & Evidence. Weekly, monthly, and annual reporting of the project's status, to include the following: Completion (to include earned value)
- Budget (planned, actual, and variance; monthly spend)
- Changes Risks Procurements Resource Management
- Communication Management Execution and Monitoring of project activities.
- Annual planning and budgeting exercises and presentations.
- Other tasks and efforts as directed by the Program Manager.
Skills / Requirements:
- Must have successfully implemented a law enforcement system in within the last year.
- Must have experience in the development of safety management systems.
- Must have experience implementing or managing AVL systems and vehicles.
- Proven experience managing large-scale, high-visibilityb implementations.
- High understanding of general law enforcement organizational concepts.
- Excellent customer relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Expert at understanding user needs, analyzing them and parlaying them into technical requirements, and ultimately creating a useful product for the customer.
- Experience in Agile and traditional project management methodologies, including PMBOK knowledge areas and processes.
- Thorough understanding of the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC)
- Experience gathering and writing requirements.
- Experience planning, leading, and managing User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience using Microsoft Project for planning, executing, controlling, and measuring project performance.
- Experience using Word, PPT and Microsoft Excel.
- Experience/working knowledge using Microsoft Jazz.