View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Security Clearance required: Secret with the ability to obtain a Top Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The Project Manager is responsible for managing moderate complexity projects. Individuals in this role will use significant technical knowledge and related experience to accomplish project objectives by planning, evaluating, and managing execution of project activities with moderate level of supervision from a senior level Program or Portfolio Manager. The role requires regular analytical reporting of project status, risks, issues, cost, and schedule performance to the senior management as well as project team members.
- The Telecommunications Project Manager's primary responsibilities include managing the implementation of large voice and data services.
- Will be responsible for the complete implementation lifecycle.
- Will interact directly with customers, other vendors, commercial & GSA property managers, building engineers and internal peers.
- Must a maintain a high level of professionalism, locus, and patience managing multiple competing priorities in a high-pressure environment.
- Must have excellent time management and organizational skills managing a high volume of tasks and activities.
- Must be able to communicate technical information and telecom acronyms in a manner the customer can comprehend.
- This role comes with difficulties; candidate must be able to effectively manage multiple high demand customers, ranging from individual contributors to C-Level executives.
- Will be required to concurrently manage multiple projects at multi-locations at any given time.
- Must be able to drive projects forward, keeping the forward momentum in the face of roadblocks.
- The ideal candidate has excelled in a Telecommunications Project Management role for 5+ years.
- Description of specific Duties in a typical workday for this position:
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors to ensure timely and cost-effective execution of project tasks
- Assist project team members, Subject Matter Experts, and Sponsor with the definition of project scope and objectives by involving relevant stakeholders, identifying requirements and ensuring technical feasibility
- Work with impacted areas of the program to secure adequate resources, materials and funding
- Develop detailed project schedule with some assistance from Program Manager and/or Scheduler.
- Perform continued maintenance, updating and tracking of project schedule activities and progress reporting
- Identify and manage dependencies between departments, systems, vendors and assets
- Coordinate Assessment of changes to the project scope, project schedule, and project costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Manage project changes through established Governance Change Control process to ensure appropriate approvals
- Identify and document project issues and risks and monitor progress of mitigation actions.
- Successfully establish and maintain effective relationships with internal and external resources and key project stakeholders involved in project tasks and key critical path deliverables
- Monitor delivery timeline and escalate related issues through the appropriate escalation process
- Develop and maintain of required project management artifacts in accordance with standards and applicable regulations
- Identify efficiencies and recommend of process improvements to reduce costs and add value Position
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years of project management experience, or any equivalent combination of education and work experience
- PMP (Must be willing to obtain within 12 months of date of hire) Solid project management skills with prior experience managing large complexity projects involving multiple departments
- Strong communication skills with focus on collaboration, team building, and customer service
- Experience with managing cross-functional teams and cross-organizational implementations with multiple dependencies
- Ability to consolidate project performance data into various types of communication and reporting vehicles to address both management and project team level audiences
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, MS Project)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
401(k) Retirement Plan
Paid Time Off
Paid Federal Holidays
AD&D and Life Insurance
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email email@example.com.