At Hargray, we are looking for people to join Project Manager, Outside Plant who are extremely detail-oriented and extraordinarily passionate. We thrive on designing simple and scalable solutions to complex problems and delivering leading-edge technology to our customers.
We are looking for exceptionally ambitious and communicative hands-on people who are comfortable working with ever-changing processes and procedures as part of a cross-functional team, have experience working in fast-paced environments, and who have the passion, skills, and dedication to take our network to the next level.
General Description of Position: The Outside Plant Project Manager would be responsible for facilitating and coordinating the functions of outside providers/contractors throughout the project. Ensuring quality control throughout project life cycles are central to this position.
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of over 700 colleagues supporting local markets throughout the southeast is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage project development from initiation to closure
- Be accountable for project results along with Outside Project Executive
- Work with Outside Plant stakeholders to complete project charter outlining scope, goals, deliverables, required resources, budget and timing
- Complete work breakdown structure to estimate the effort required for each task
- Provide a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed
- Clearly, communicate expectations to external contractors and internal team members
- Act as a mediator between external contractors and internal team members
- Resolve any issues and solve problems throughout the project lifecycle
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring that any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms
- Track and report on project milestones and provide status reports to the Senior Leadership team of OSP on a weekly basis
- Determine how results will be measured and complete a post-project evaluation
- Utilize tools and best practices for project management and execution (i.e. project charter, project plan, issues log, weekly status templates, etc.)
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert to the Outside Plant team as it relates to project standards and best practices
- Ensure that all project documents are archived throughout and after the project
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- PMP preferred not mandatory
- Experience working with permitting agencies and other government agencies such as DHEC
- The time or task management
- Being able to work under pressure
- 5-8 years' work experience in project management – all phases – planning, development. Implementation and close-out
- Well established fluency with project management tools and/or software packages
- Demonstrated experience in managing large scale technical projects
- Demonstrated experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to rapidly adapt to changes in direction and ability to reprioritize as appropriate
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to elicit cooperation from other departments