Project Manager I
We are looking for a project manager who will be responsible for portfolio, project, and release management. This role requires a person who is highly organized and has experience with portfolio and project management. This will require the project manager to establish a project plan, hold regular meetings with the project team, report out on issues, action items and successes of the project, and in general support all aspects of the project from inception to completion.
If you feel that this describes you, keep reading and apply!
- Assess, schedule, and track all roadmap and release items, accounting for interdependencies between applications, and critical dates in support of the rolling application roadmap.
- Manage the portfolio impacts to last-minute re-planning of releases and deployment plans based on business needs, environmental stability, or issues with upstream or downstream systems.
- Manage all aspects of the project(s) assigned, from inception to completion.
- Ensure all project issues that occur prior to, during or after deployment are tracked, communicated and resolved as relates to the assigned project.
- Collaborate with the Comcast Quality Assurance groups to plan use cases/test scripts in addition to maintaining and tracking issues aligned with releases pre and post-release as relates to the assigned project.
- Working knowledge of SDLC; Software/Systems Development Life Cycle
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills to identify and resolve problems in a quick and efficient manner
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written presentation formats
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, working with and managing the cross-impacts of multiple applications and environments.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Access, Project, Visio, and SharePoint
- 2 to 3 years of experience in Project Management
- Telecommunications/IT specific background a plus
- Rally or Jira a plus
- Remedy or other ticketing systems a plus
- Exposure to project and portfolio management tools a plus
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.