The primary purpose of this job is to coordinate New Product Development (NPD) and/or engineering projects. Works with internal and external customers and technical resources to ensure the effective execution of each project to a defined set of deliverables. Coordinates cross functional teams that may include such functions as
Design Engineering, Operations Supply Chain, and Quality to complete assigned projects.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
1. Adheres to GB Core Beliefs and all safety and quality requirements.
2. Coordinates New Product Development (NPD) and engineering technology projects using the Company's Engineering development lifecycle process or following the existing Product Development Process (PDP).
3. Coordinates cross-functional team activities on assigned projects to comply with cost, schedule and technical
performance using established design control process to meet project commitments.
4. Maintains the organization's vision and values at the forefront of decision making and action.
5. Develops project plans, schedules and cost estimates for assigned NPD and Engineering projects. Maintains
and drives action items to ensure completion by the various teams' members.
6. Maintains strong relationships with internal and external customers to ensure on time project deliverables.
Participates in customer technical contacts.
7. Provides regular support to Sales, Operations, Quality, Finance and other departments within the company to
ensure project financial objectives are on track.
8. Communicates regularly with management regarding the status of current projects, obtaining management guidance and approval, as required.
9. Performs other job functions as required.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or other Technical field
1-3+ years of experience demonstrating project leadership within a new product development or engineering project environment. Previous exposure to or in Medical Device and/or other regulated environments from concept through manufacturing transfer desired.
Working knowledge of or previous training in Project Management principles, practices, techniques and tools.
Knowledge of electrical and mechanical design elements, rapid prototyping, system integration, test and manufacturing engineering elements are desired.
Experience with engineering change order, configuration management, and product development management systems desired.
Design Control experience working within ISO 9001 and 13485 Quality Management Systems desired.
Demonstrated problem solving abilities with good communication skills (both written and verbal) required.
Knowledge of PC software applications including Microsoft Office and MS Project. Experience with Lean Manufacturing System concepts and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) skills desired.