South San Francisco, CA
Type: Initial 4-month contract (possibility to extend quarterly)
Reason: Unique Expertise
Department: Bioinformatics Software Engineering
Job Category: Information Technology
Looking for a top performer who can hit the ground running and can have immediate impact on our project. Must have Strong PM skills in both waterfall and agile methodologies!!
The Project and team:
Our team is deploying a cloud-based lab informatics platform (Benchling), specifically the ELN (Electronic Lab Notebook) module in early research across various departments and domains - in doing so, the program aims to increase real-time data entry, streamline lab data workflows and integrations with onsite systems, and improve data management (aligned with FAIR data principles (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reusable).
The Project Manager will be representing the business function at project or workstream level and tracking business function deliverables in the assessment, planning, and implementation of systems and tools based on business processes and business needs. Provides business project / initiative oversight, during planning, development, execution and closeout of project work, and project management methodology expertise Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of project ensuring consistency with program strategy, commitments and goals. Serves as the lead project manager representing the business functions on an initiative to assess the scope and usage of our tools as well as managing certain operational activities, such as change request review and prioritization for the current solution. Proactively evaluate and plan for deployment, training, communication and other change management. In addition, plan for transition to maintenance phase/operations and create high-level maintenance plan with sponsor/business lead. Project Managers are expected to independently manage complex projects across multiple platforms adapting specific tools, templates, and business process in these areas. Project Manager will be assigned to any project within the portfolio and is expected to actively engage in project management related activities. Responsible and accountable for up-to-date project documentation following the relevant methodology (e.g. PMM). Works closely with a host of cross-functional partners and stakeholders, including project leadership and team members, IT partners and others during lifecycle of project. Participates in and/or otherwise leads business and project requirements gathering and other related systems and customer needs analysis Communicate proactively with program and project team regarding progress, issues and plans for resolution. Develop and use project plans to coordinate participants and track and report progress. Operate with a high degree of autonomy and professionalism. Responsible for determining cost, time and other resource requirements on business side of project necessary to deliver business project, functionalities and related tools, working in collaboration with business lead. Responsible to document the outcomes of feasibility and needs/impact assessments, cost, time and other requirements with business lead and other stakeholders in order to determine appropriateness and obtain approvals to develop project scope. Accountable for effectively and efficiently coordinating and managing ongoing project meetings, presentations and communications. Works with business process owners, project team members, OCMs, systems trainer and systems support to ensure an effective and efficient implementation. Lead creation and approval of business continuity plan as it relates directly to a system, tool, or overall solution and provide input to the disaster recovery plan. Develop an Embedding Plan to transfer project after successful roll-out. Accountable for collaborating with project leadership to plan and execute project closeout meeting. Partners with project lead(s) to finalize and communicate meeting outcomes with project sponsor, team members, and stakeholders.
- Strong project management skills -in both waterfall and agile methodologies.
- Ability to assess change requests from the user community and prioritize to prepare a release plan.
- Expertise in the drug development process.
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements (e.g. FDA & EU) applicable to various stages of drug development, including cGMP.
- Experience with systems maintenance/improvements and systems integrations in support of business processes
- Good knowledge of Regulatory systems and processes
- Strong understanding of Information Systems
- B.A./B.S. in Scientific or related discipline. Advanced degree preferred.
- minimum of 5 years experience in project management in the Pharmaceutical or Biotech industry is required.
- Qualified candidates must have a proven track record leading technology projects, supporting on the business side, and a strong technical knowledge of project management methodologies.
Additional detail about the personality fit the manager is seeking:
- Ability to define problem statement clearly and accurately and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify data-driven root causes.
- Innovative and effective in solution development, risk mitigation, and execution.
- Experience of influencing and negotiating at management level to achieve delivery
- Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- High tolerance for ambiguity, able to create order from chaos.
- Takes accountability for actions, drives results, learns from mistakes.
- Is direct and truthful and therefore widely trusted . delivers of promises, goals, and expectations.
- Makes quality decisions and resolved problems rapidly.
- Ability to communicate effectively up and down, at all levels of the organization, teach and present complex and/or new ideas with clarity and simplicity.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills with the ability to multitask and adapt.
- Able to synthesize large amount of information.
- Able to deliver results despite shifting environment.