Duration : 10+ months
Location : Tualatin, OR
Top Skills : Bid Proposals, Document, Budget/Cost, Electical
- The Mobility business regularly bids on projects to supply electrical substation and overhead catenary equipment in the US and Canadian rail market.
- The candidate will be responsible to prepare budgetary and binding technical and price proposals in response to Requests for Proposals from our customers, especially for overhead catenary equipment related bids.
- Together with the Head of Business Development, Customer Account Managers and Engineering team, the candidate will be responsible to prepare a bid or proposal strategy to maximize the probability to win and secure the opportunity for the business.
The position reports to the Head of Business Development and its scope of work consists in:
- Coordinate efforts with the engineering, production and procurement department within the organization to successfully prepare the bid on time and to the customer requirements;
- Receives and reviews the Request for Bid/Proposal documents from the Customer and evaluates the scope that bid on and the requirements that will need to be complied with to prepare a compliant bid;
- Reviews Technical Specifications and Drawings that are part of the Request for Bid/Proposal on and develops a work breakdown structure, scope or bill of materials and prepares a detailed cost calculation sheet;
- Prepares technical bid package for vendors and coordinates with procurement to obtain vendor proposals;
- Reviews vendor proposal with Engineering and Procurement for technical and contractual compliance and prepares cost comparison to determine most beneficial vendor;
- Estimates project management, testing and construction man/hours needed for delivering the project.
- Works with engineering to prepare technical solutions for the Proposal and prepares scope proposal and approach for the bid.
- Prepares delivery plan and schedule for the bid including cash forecast Performs bid risk review and assessment.