LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Reporting to the IT Business Process Excellence team, this position provides leadership in the Advancing90 Center of Excellence (A90 CoE) whose objective is to promote and support the adoption and usage of LyondellBasell's hybrid agile project delivery methodology. In addition to A90 CoE responsibilities, the A90 CoE Project Manager/Scrum Master will support the implementation of business and IT solutions, new applications, and upgrades while driving the successful delivery of the project within scope, on-time, and on-budget. This position ensures the successful transfer of knowledge from the project team to the post-implementation support organization and all employees affected by the implementation. The position works closely with business and technical leadership, serving as a facilitator and leader, in driving the quality delivery of projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- This is a position of influence, negotiation and expectation management:
- Serve as team lead for the Advancing90 Center of Excellence (A90 CoE) whose mission is to guide LyondellBasell's transformation to a hybrid agile project delivery methodology
- Organize and lead communities of practice for the specific tools and processes that support Advancing90
- Lead the development and maintenance of Advancing90 documentation and related resources
- Collaborate with organizational change management resources to ensure effective A90 CoE change and communications execution
- Evangelize and champion A90 adoption throughout the organization
- Assist in the development of a shared service to provide project management/scrum master support for small projects
- Lead the migration of the demand management tool to the Service Now platform
- Maintains complete autonomy for the management of the business project to meet the needs of the business, as outlined in the business case and articulated by the steering committee
- Coaches and mentors project team members and other relevant stakeholders
- Ability to work independently within a geographically dispersed team and maintaining a strong linkage with team members, driving consistency across global towers
- Drives, maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources
- Follows and supports the LYB Advancing90 Project Delivery methodology.
- Maintains and controls the project budget, schedule and resources
- Responsible for project planning, resource allocation, steering committee leadership and team organizational structure management
- Responsible for project communications
- Manages project scope, risk and issue resolution
- Responsible for quality of project deliverables
- Responsible for ensuring that the project can deliver the benefits outlined in the business case and that it meets the reasonable expectations of end users
- Consults with stakeholders and implements best practices across large complex projects which require multiple resource teams including technical, database, functional developers, testers, and business change management.
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field.
- 8 plus years of IT and business/industry related experience with large, global organizations.
- A minimum of 8 years in a project management role, managing medium to large global teams.
- 3 plus years of leadership responsibility managing medium to large projects/teams and influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders
- Experience working on Manufacturing, Supply Chain, or Financial IT projects
- Experience in agile or hybrid agile delivery methodologies (Scrum/Kanban)
- Excellent project management skills, with demonstrated track record
- Excellent management and team-building skills
- Ability to analyze, understand and effectively communicate between business requirements and technical design and implementation
- Budget planning and management from small to large global complex projects
- Problem-solving, negotiation and decision-making skills to influence management, as well as internal and external partners
- Demonstrated leadership abilities; effective in matrix management and team building
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Works well with others in an integrated team environment
- Self-motivated and a problem solver
- Experienced in facilitation and negotiating
- Intercultural competence
- MBA or MS a plus
- Previous experience with organizational agile transformation
- Previous experience with demand management tools such as Microsoft PPM and ServiceNow PPM is advantageous
- Experience with Azure DevOps (ADO) for agile management
- Certification from recognized authority preferred (e.g., project management professional [PMP] certification from the Project Management Institute [PMI]) for international projects or global rollouts, and experience in leading internationally distributed teams
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston