Location: Minneapolis, MN
The purpose of this position is to actively drive the implementation of project deliverables defined in a project charter while ensuring the budget, scope, schedule, risk and quality meet specific success criteria. Throughout the life cycle of the project, this role is expected to ensure key stakeholders are informed and engaged and ensures company and industry standard project management methodologies and tools are utilized.
This role is responsible for:
- Ensuring the project deliverables are strategically aligned with business objectives and defined for the team
- Defining, estimating and scheduling project tasks and interdependencies to achieve the scope through a clearly defined project plan/work breakdown structure
- Identifying project resource requirements and working with Steering Committee/Project Sponsor/Project Management Office/Project Management Competency Center to ensure adequately skilled resources are available to deliver on project commitments
- Holding resources accountable for delivering on the project plan, including providing coaching and mentoring of resources
- Adhering to the approved project methodology for project management and maintains project artifacts and records
- Identifying and tracking key measures of success for the project
- Analyzing project performance, creating cost benefit analysis and identifying optimal solutions that minimize the negative impact and trade offs
- Implementing corrective actions to ensure project success and facilitates project change requests
- Consistently providing internal and external stakeholder communications and progress reports that effectively outline the project status, risks, issues and action plans to ensure project success
- Escalating to the Steering Committee/Project Sponsor risks and issues with potential significant impact
- Working effectively with business partners, vendors, technology, and project management staff to develop the project agenda and ensure agreement/adoption of project objectives/deliverables by all affected constituencies
- Transitioning project into daily business operations at the end of the project
- The ability to balance approach to political, economic, social, technological, and administrative factors
- Competency in adapting to changing environment and ambiguous situations
- Attention to detail and ability to drive results
- Ability to act independently with little direction
- Desire to satisfy requirements from multiple customers/stakeholders
- The ability to quickly sift through concepts and drill down into actionable steps
- Solid understanding of Project Management methodology, tools and techniques, including Capability Maturity Model integrated (CMMi) methods
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple complex projects from design to delivery
- Objective decision making ability, strong analytical, and problem solving skills
- The ability to adjust quickly to changing situations and the ability to drive results through ambiguous environments or unexpected obstacles
- BA and/or BS in Business, Finance, Mathematics or related field or equivalent work experience.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!