Who We Are:
MilliporeSigma is the North American life science brand of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany – a leading science and technology company. It offers a broad range of innovative products and services to biotech and pharmaceutical drug therapies businesses. Through dedicated collaboration with the scientific and engineering communities, and as one of the top three R&D investors in the life science tools industry, the brand serves as a strategic partner to customers and helps advance the promise of life science.
EMD In-house Consulting is the internal management-consulting department of the EMD Group. Our work comprises projects in several areas from the strategic and conceptual development to the implementation within the pharmaceutical and chemical divisions of EMD as well as within the EMD group functions. Our team of 30 consultants works globally.
We are seeking a Project Manager/Senior Consultant (In-House Consulting) in our Burlington, MA (Greater Boston area) facility.
What we expect of you:
Based in Burlington at HQ for EMD Millipore in MA, you will support our internal customers during all project phases as expert on site. With your expertise and your energy, you will be contributing significantly to the project success. You will develop, consult and implement challenging strategy-, growth- and improvement projects within all divisions and functions, e.g., in Marketing & Sales, Research & Development and Portfolio Management. As professional expert, you will consult all management levels within EMD including the executive board and ensure the achievement of all project objectives.
As preparation for a leading position at EMD or one of the EMD subsidiaries in the future, you will work closely together with the operative and strategic units. In doing so, you will contribute actively to the ongoing success of the company. Additionally you will have several responsibilities within EMD In-house Consulting like the training & development of our graduates and junior consultants.
Who we are looking for:
- You have completed a PhD in engineering, natural sciences (, Biotechnology, Chemistry, Biology Physics or related sciences) or/and an MBA with outstanding success.
- You have at least three years of working experiences within a leading management consultancy, ideally with a focus on the pharmaceutical and/or chemical industry.
- Strong Project Management experience.
- You have extensive experience in leading national and international cross-functional projects in a global matrix organization.
- Have very strong conceptual and analytical skills.
- Have commercial expertise (Marketing, Sales, Commercial Operations, etc.).
- You have broad experience with aligning stakeholders, conflict management, and in communicating information to ensure that the management has transparency on the underlying issues and potential solutions.
- You are team- and implementation oriented with a focus on a persistent and sustainable corporate culture.
- You enjoy a large measure of independence and individual responsibility.
- You have a communicative, self-assured and confident appearance and like to work customer and team oriented.
- Ability to travel up to 35% internationally is required.
What we offer: Your possibilities to develop in our growing company are just as manifold as our product portfolio. We offer a modern and international working environment to unleash your innovative potential in diverse teams, and take responsibility for our employees, products, the environment and society.
MilliporeSigma is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Other, Engineering & Aerospace, Clinical & Scientific