Client is seeking Project Manager with concrete/ steel/ out of ground/new construction experience. Project Manager will be responsible for pre-construction, engineering, and field installation of all systems within the specified trade(s) for a project or projects. Coordinate with project field operations to ensure transfer of information is delivered, understood and implemented in the required time frames, within budget, and to the quality specified by the contract documents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Function as subject matter expert for the specified trade or trades.
- Develop a comprehensive working knowledge and understanding of the contract documents (including the client's contract, plans, specifications and applicable codes).
- Ensure strict adherence to safety, ethics and compliance requirements at all times.
- Lead, develop, and manage Assistant Project Managers and Trade Project Managers, including completion of performance evaluations.
- Develop relationships and act as liaison with engineers, design consultants, subcontractors, suppliers, inspectors, and owner's representatives, and establish and maintain procedures for information flow, approvals, meetings, reporting, applications for payment, etc.
- Work with pre-construction, estimating and purchasing in development of contract price/budget and Guaranteed Maximum Price. Lead the pre-construction effort as it relates to Trade Project Management and the specific project needs.
- Conduct thorough construction document reviews and examine all documents for constructability and QA/QC. Bring all concerns to the attention of the appropriate design professional for resolution.
- Participate in preparation of various studies, recommendations for materials and methods, and cost estimates.
- Manage submittals and shop drawings. Resolve any conflicts in interpretation, and fully coordinate drawings amongst all trades.
- Prepare a detailed contract items list including all significant items required for the construction of the project. Develop trade scope of work documents for bid packages, major material and equipment purchases.
- Prepare a procurement schedule for subcontractors, major material and equipment purchases to ensure timely buy-outs and overall compliance with the construction schedule is maintained.
- Responsible for preparation of project status executive summaries and the accuracy of financial reports.
- In conjunction with the Project Manager, schedule, conduct, and document all job meetings, owner-architect and coordination meetings.
- Manage information on changes in the work; prepare an independent analysis, as required; obtain and check estimates for the changes from subcontractor; obtain approval of the architect and owner; and resolve any conflicts. Prepare subcontract change orders.
- Manage project close-out, including securing warranties, guarantees, and acceptance of work, subcontract and vendor close, final payment and records retention.
- Manage progress schedule and updates.
- Prepare requisitions with all back-up.
- Visit job site(s) as required, to troubleshoot issues and suggest resolutions to problems.
- Perform QA/QC inspections on job sites.
- Support and perform business development activities, including researching and determining qualified target areas, projects, and clients, and establishing and maintaining an external presence in the marketplace.
- Work with senior managers to develop project teams for specific proposals.
- Supervise the development of proposals, presentations and brochure materials. Train and assist project team in making effective presentations.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.