Company: Tier 1 Automotive Supplier (Premium Audio Systems)
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Position: Project Manager
Pay: Up to $52.00/hour (plus 1.5x paid OT)
This Project Manager will be responsible for handling 3-5 projects at a time for one of this Company's OEM Customers. An example of a project would be a part on an Amplifier that needs to be changed. This person would be responsible for working through these changes, both with the Customer and internally. The typical parts on 1 program are 2 Amplifiers and 3 speakers. This person would manage the scope, schedule, quality, cost, and open issues of the program.
Breakdown of Job Responsibilities:
- 50% - Review of development details; meaning following up on open issues list; drafting options for proposals for customers as well as drawing up the proposals
- 25% - Seeking approval from customer (GM), Reviewing customer proposals, and Providing Project Updates
- 15% - Problem solving and investigating issues with the program both internally as well as with the customer
- 10% - Management Reporting
- Potential travel to Milford Proving Grounds and GM Technical Center in Warren, Michigan.
- An occasional short trip to Boston, MA is possible, but very unlikely
- 8:00am - 5:00pm, Monday through Friday
Current Team Composition:
- The team is comprised of 4 other Project Managers. They are close knit team that interfaces with not only their Resident Engineers that sit on-site at the Customer, but also the internal team in Bloomfield Hills and Boston, MA.
- Minimum 5 years working in an engineering capacity
- Minimum 2 years working as a Project Engineer or Program Manager
- Experience working with programs that involve one of these areas: Hardware, Software, Electronics, Electrical Systems
- Experience with working with customers for design review meetings, budgeting, scheduling
- Able to work with a customer with confidence in developing and presenting project plans and status updates
Additional Preferred Qualifications (not required):
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- PMP Certification
- Experience working with test engineering and design engineering
- Working with General Motors as a customer
What does the candidate need to be able to do on their first day?
- Be able to hop in the middle of a program and ask the right questions and understand the deliverables of the program and from the customer.
Best vs Average Candidate:
- The best candidate will be able to interpret the customer's requests and be able to understand the customers requirements and systems.
- Customer satisfaction, working within the programs budgets, and working in the timelines the customer lays out for the program.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email [email protected] .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.