Job Description: IT Project Manager
Location: Cambridge, MA
Position Type: Contract
Our client is offering a tremendous opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join a new technology-focused, state of the art research facility as part of their Genetics guide Dementia Client Initiative (G2D2). Central to this assignment is a partnership with the Head of IT in defining and implementing a foundational IT project process. Additionally this position offer the chance to join the research community at the perfect time to collaborate on broader facility-wide project management planning and delivery.
Project management is the backbone of IT service deployment/enhancement and this opportunity is to develop a process, leveraging the best of Agile and Scrum principles, to define and implement a light-weight process viable taking into account current maturity and process maturity. Key to success is understanding of current organizational culture and using a victory-based approach to trust building, process design, and improvement.
Critical to success is the development of trusting and supportive relationships with IT and greater G2D2 teams. The role is divided into two parts: IT Project Process and G2D2 Project Management Participation:
G2D2 IT Project Process
Establishment and facilitation of Agile or Scrum based processes
- Backlog Management
- Small scope creation
- Risk and resource management
- Project kickoff and retrospective
- Sprint kickoff, daily standups, retrospectives
- Timelines and Milestones
- Tasks (assign, prioritize, support, communicate)
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Participant onboarding/training
- Reporting (timing and health)
- Coordination of project meetings
- Communication, including minutes
Participate in the assessment and design of ongoing PM processes and resource requirements, transition to appropriate longer-term operation. Perform/participate any other project-related duties as required by business/team needs.
G2D2 Project Management Participation
This position of the position involves direct participation in ongoing collaborative development of core facility project process (Large and Medium). Be a key player in defining vision, process, roadmap and delivery strategies. Collaborate and assist in creating/refining foundational project management documentation, including, charter and scope, reporting and change. Aid in the implementation and measurement of newly defined/refined processes.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of successful project management experience, preferably in IT
- Strong Communication skills, both verbal and written
- High organized, detail oriented, with well-honed research, writing, editing, and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiative; adept at problem solving; exhibits tact and diplomacy
- Experience with the implementation of project management process is a plus, but not required
- Experience with organizational change is a plus, but not required
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!