LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.Basic Function
We are seeking a Project Manager to join our Pipeline Technical Team, to coordinate and manage new and existing projects from inception to conclusion. The incumbent for this position will actively provide technical support and leadership to safely and effectively execute capital and expense projects. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: overseeing design, installation, and/or upgrade of facilities; ensuring compliance with federal and state pipeline regulations (DOT/PHMSA, RRCT, LDNR, etc.); identifying and implementing capital project process improvements; supporting business development concepts; and implementing Process Safety (MOC, PHA, etc.) and Operational Excellence programs.
* Functions as Engineer and/or Project Manager for assigned pipeline projects. Projects may include pipelines, support structures, pumps, meter stations, and other related facilities.
* Provides technical support to other project managers and/or pipeline engineers as requested.
* Performs cost estimates, hydraulic studies, and other engineering studies and calculations necessary to ensure projects are properly designed to industry and company standards.
* Applies engineering concepts to solve performance and reliability problems
* Works with corporate Business Development group and other entities to evaluate feasibility and cost/benefit of potential growth projects
* Improves Process Safety (MOC, PHA, Incident Reporting, etc.) and Operational Excellence programs
* Bachelor Degree in Engineering, preferably Civil, Mechanical, or Chemical
* Minimum of 8 years relevant work experience in the petrochemical and/or pipeline industries
* Working knowledge of federal and state pipeline regulations and associated standards
* Experience developing process design packages and project economics
* Ability to apply engineering concepts to solve operational issues
* Knowledgeable of safety design systems, HSE and OSHA's Process Safety Management regulations
* Strong leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston