Primary role will be to manage and oversee the field operations for land development projects ensuring delivery within the approved schedule and budget.
- Oversee land development projects from permitting approvals through construction, bond release and community turnover.
- Supervise and schedule subcontractors and consultants for day-to-day operations in the field.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of new projects according to construction schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies and geotechnical reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate installation of all land development improvements including grading operations, water and sewer services, dry utilities, paving, sidewalks, landscaping, entrance improvements and amenities.
- Ensure that contractual and other commitments are kept with contractors/consultants, trade partners and developer partners and that they comply with approved policies, procedures, and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Coordinate the design and installation/relocation of dry utilities for new and existing communities including electrical, phone, cable TV and natural gas.
- Establish relationships with municipal inspectors and governing authority representatives and be able to resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region.
- Coordinate and support the construction department to ensure home sites are delivered to specifications on schedule and to resolve site issues.
- Responsible for SWPPP compliance of the projects and coordination with the Division Environmental Manager.
- Assist in management control functions including schedules, cost/budget controls, budget reconciliation, development cost and monitoring compliance.
- Assist with the preparation and processing of land use documents and related infrastructure design/improvement plans.
- Review subcontractor billings and change orders for approval.
- Assist in the preparation and processing of bid packages, take offs and contracts.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent required, bachelor’s degree preferred
- Valid Driver’s license and a good driving record required
- Minimum 3 years in land development or site construction
- Must be able to read, understand and evaluate civil engineering / development plans
- Excellent written, oral, organizational and math skills
- Must possess professional attitude to represent the company in a positive manner
- Ability to perform, in a professional manner, multiple detail-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines
- Computer literate with ability to work with Microsoft Office.