The Project Manager manages key client projects. Project management responsibilities include the coordination and completion of projects on time within budget and within scope. Oversee all aspects of projects. Set deadlines, assign responsibilities, monitor, and summarize progress of project. Prepare reports for upper management regarding status of project.
The successful candidate will work directly with clients to ensure deliverables fall within the applicable scope and budget. He or she will coordinate with other departments to ensure all aspects of each project are compatible and have the proper resources assigned needed to fulfill client needs.
Rely on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Perform a variety of tasks. Lead and direct the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project.
- Directly oversees project sub-level team leaders and teams.
- Prepares engagement reviews and enforces adherence to all contract specifications and conditions in accordance with Company quality assurance procedures.
- Develops business relationships within the Company to enable the PMO (Program Management Office) to be successful by not allowing internal issues to affect contractual obligations.
- Develops customer contacts and relationships to foster better communication.
- Identifies opportunities for additional revenue due to project scope changes.
- Identifies business development and additional sales opportunities.
- Creates and drives the Project Schedule and takes corrective action when the Schedule is not being met by Company departments, Suppliers, or Customers.
- Provides Progress Reports to Management as well as the customer.
- Leads by example and mediates internal conflicts.
- Manages contract compliance & change order identification/quotation/implementation.
Customer/Supplier Work Relationships
- Internally: Works with all Departments to ensure that Projects pass through the Company in a smooth and rapid manner.
- Customer: Is a Customer advocate and develops long-term relationships.
- Represents the Company on Continuous Improvement Task Teams.
- Works to maximize the Company's profit by ensuring that all requirements for delivery, quality and price are met.
Reports to the Program Manager. Ensures that all work is done in accordance with Customer specifications and Company Policy. Keeps Management aware of all progress and problems—both internal & external.
Job requires sitting at a desk doing normal office work, including phone communications and using a computer. Also involves standing and walking in an office and a manufacturing facility.
Environmental / Safety / Time Allocation
- Spends approximately 40% of time working at a desk in a normal office environment.
- Spends about 50% of time on work away from desk, reviewing and guiding activities of sub-level project teams and functions. Must wear eye protection and any other required personal protective equipment while on the shop floor.
- Spends about 10% of time traveling to Customer sites.
Education / Experience
- Proven working experience in project management - 2 years’ experience involving Department of Defense projects preferred
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Project Management Professional (PMP) / PRINCE II certification is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline