Location: Los Angeles, CA
With more than 117 years of technology innovation, a global team of 100,000, and 64,000+ technology patents, NEC is in the business of providing solutions that focus on safety, security, operational efficiency - enabling people to live brighter, more enriched lives. We call this orchestrating a brighter world. As recognized leaders in Biometric technologies, we boast an array of award winning solutions which support Law Enforcement, Citizen Services & Immigration, Commercial Markets, and Public facilities Management. NEC Advanced Recognition Systems are experiencing significant growth and expect to soar to new heights with the addition of key talent like you.
We are currently looking to add an experienced and skilled Project Manager to our passionate and dedicated team. The Project Manager manages all aspects of client-facing projects throughout the project lifecycle, including project scope, schedule, communications, risk, resources, quality, costs and change management. You will have overall responsibility for the successful delivery of all assigned projects. This involves responsibility for project profitability, schedule, and customer relationship management. You will be a key liaison to the client with regards to day‐to‐day management of the project plan and its progress for client implementations. You will function as a key liaison to the internal NECAM solution delivery teams for internal development efforts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities -
- Manage the day-to-day operational and tactical aspects of multiple or large scale projects
- Oversee resources working on client engagements.
- Implement project review and procedures in accordance with our project management lifecycle methodology to ensure profitable and successful execution of customer project as measured by Advanced Recognition Systems’ goals and customer satisfaction
- Manage scope and mitigate risk on assigned projects
- Communicate project parameters and coordinate activities with all team members, departments and with appropriate management to ensure completion. This includes communications with all levels of management and non-management, both internal and external.
- Mediate consensus with customer, subcontractors and NEC regarding responsibilities, objectives, timelines, deliverables and activities
- Manage all subcontractor activity
- Manage escalations by customer or project resources to resolution.
- Primary interface to customer through face to face meetings and periodic status reports
- Prepare and present written change orders for customer signature and process as required.
- Identify and provision NEC and subcontractor personnel and supplier material as required.
- Project accounting including validation of direct and indirect labor and all materials charged to project
- Prepare and safeguard project documentation including project plans and budgets, correspondence, meeting minutes, status reports and project deliverables
- Determine appropriate revenue recognition, ensures accurate invoicing, and monitors receivables for all projects under your direction
- Analyzes profitability, revenue, margins, bill rates and utilization for assigned projects
- Addresses elevated billing issues when they arise
- Manages to and achieves revenue goals set for projects
- Accurately forecasts revenue, profitability, margins, bill rates and utilization across projects
- Sets expectations upward regarding revenue and profitability projections
- Identifies partnership opportunities and capitalizes on 'add-on' sales opportunities across projects.
- Works in conjunction with the sales team to follow up on sales leads within practice
- Grows long-term relationships with clients and capitalizes on equity and partnership opportunities
- Serves as key participant in team and client meetings.
- Raises our visibility through involvement in local industry organizations.
- Effectively communicates relevant project/practice information to superiors and peers in other practices
- Assists in the evaluation and redesign of practice offerings
- Possess a thorough understanding of our service offerings, technical preferences, and technical direction
- Evokes creative and innovative thinking from team members while helping them to bring their ideas and career plans to fruition
- Helps to determine new, creative ways to employ teams on projects and distribute responsibilities.
- Works across practice to share lessons learned and best practices
- Manages day-to-day client interaction and expectations for multiple or large-scale projects
- Responsible for the overseeing of project costs, including, material, inventories, etc
- BE, BS or BA (or equivalent) within a technical or business field or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Project Management Skills
- Minimum 5 years Project Management experience
- Experience managing external client-facing projects
- Experience managing implementations of fingerprint/facial recognition/iris identification Biometrics Systems highly preferred.
- Current PMP Certification required.
- Highly developed communication skills
- Must take initiative, be able to work independently, and produce measurable results that positively impact the project baselines; the ability to collect and filter relevant data valid for decision-making in a dynamic environment, and to integrate individual demands, requirements, and limitations into decisions that benefit the overall project
- Advanced knowledge and ability to use the software required, specifically Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, etc.) with excellent knowledge of MS Project
- Experienced in planning, staffing, and project control
- Moderate travel up to 50%
We are passionate about our people and growing our NEC family. If you believe you meet the position criteria coupled with seeking a career home, then apply now.
NEC is consistently recognized as one of the 50 most innovative companies globally. (by Boston Consulting)
ABOUT NEC CORPORATION OF AMERICA
Headquartered in Irving, Texas, NEC is a leading provider of innovative IT, biometrics, network, and communications products and solutions for service carriers and Fortune 1000 and SMB businesses across multiple vertical industries, including healthcare, government, education, and hospitality. NEC delivers one of the industry's broadest portfolios of technology solutions and professional services, including unified communications, wireless, voice and data, managed services, server and storage infrastructure, optical network systems, microwave radio communications, and biometric security. NEC is a wholly owned subsidiary of NEC Corporation, a global technology leader with a presence in over 44 countries and more than $37.5 billion in revenue. For more information, please visit www.necam.com.
NEC Corporation of America and its subsidiaries is committed to the maximum utilization of all human resources and the goal of Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action. We provide equal opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, genetic characteristics, height, weight, arrest record pertaining to misdemeanors or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran, or any other class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EOE-Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities