Our client is looking for a Project Manager who will manage, develop, and mentor resources assigned to small-scale IT projects while ensuring the time, budget, and success of the assigned project. Responsibilities will include full life-cycle project management activities for various scaled IT projects, maintaining project documentation, identifying and resolving issues, gathering business requirements, coordinating project plans, and appropriately escalating issues and concerns within the project team and to sponsors.
The ideal candidate will have:
1. The ability to build strong relationships with this level in the organization
2. The ability to recognize the appropriate escalation
3. Previous experience managing infrastructure and security projects
4. Ability to see the holistic impact and interdependencies between projects.
5. Ability to exhibit a high degree of professionalism, customer service, and enthusiasm
The candidate can expect to perform the following duties:
10% - Assist in providing project management auditing services to projects and mentor project managers and leaders in the concepts of the project management standards.
20% - Portfolio Management Support: Provide guidance on the projects within the portfolio and identify concerns and issues across the portfolio. Lead cross-team project review sessions to ensure transparency across the portfolio
70% - Lead Assigned Projects: Manage Infrastructure and Security projects from initiation through delivery ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints. Work with internal/external clients to gather business requirements and coordinate project plans. Identify project scope, develop an implementation plan, engage key stakeholders, define and coordinate activities, communicate changes and progress, build commitment, overcome resistance, and lead project teams.
project management, vendor management, budget management, scope management, infrastructure management, infrastructure projects, migration, implementation, process improvement, process flow
Top Skills Details:
1. 7+ years of experience working as a Sr. Infrastructure Project Manager supporting enterprise-level projects ranging from Windows migrations, data center migrations, technology implementations.
2. Experience managing timelines, schedules, scope, and budget for large technology initiatives.
3. Experience working with multiple workstreams, vendors, and integration partners.
Although experience is important being able to maintain relationships is huge with the directors and executives. Must have a can do mentality and provide feedback to the team and say you are holding up the project. This is very important for the person who gets this role.
5 Major Projects:
WIN 10 Migration
Data Center Migration
APP proxy Implementation
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Great communication skills as they will be working with managers and directors.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.