Analysts is looking for strong candidates for an AV Project Manager with our client in Deerfield Beach, FL. This is a DIRECT HIRE opportunity with a great company! 100% onsite role.
The AV Project Manager will be responsible for managing the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of specific Systems Integration projects by ensuring projects achieve time, scope, budget, quality, safety, and customer satisfaction requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate all project activities, including change management, ensuring timely and on-budget completion of project deliverables meeting client scope and quality requirements, all according to established client's Project Management principles and procedures.
- Review and acquire a thorough knowledge of contract documents for each assigned project including, but not limited to project scopes of work, bid drawings and specifications, contract, subcontractor scopes of work, and construction schedules.
- Create and manage comprehensive work breakdown structure and project schedule and coordinate/verify appropriate resource scheduling for all required project tasks.
- Facilitate internal project kick-off meetings that include key participants from sales, engineering, fabrication, installation, programming, corporate department/third-party resources (as needed).
- Facilitate external project kick-off meetings with all necessary external stakeholders as well as applicable internal resources (as required).
- Act as the point of contact for all internal and external project communication and documentation for project by keeping accurate files and records of project status and activities.
- Respond to communications from customers regarding problems or concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Provide weekly (or as required) job progress reports to all internal and external stakeholders. Raise any issues to Office Management for proper escalation.
- Acquire daily site progress reports from lead technicians and respond to needs identified.
- Facilitate ordering of equipment and materials for projects after engineering approval.
- Manage equipment distribution and shipping through pick ticketing, packing slip and sign off process requirements.
- Manage all project (equipment, labor, miscellaneous, direct, etc.) expenditures based on project budget throughout the project lifecycle, identify problem areas, spearhead resolution, and communicate any issues impacting profitability to management.
- Raise awareness to management regarding potential/unanticipated costs, claims or back charges that will affect client financially.
- Proactively manage the change order process through assurance that any scope, schedule, cost or change of terms are handled in accordance with client's change order procedures.
- Manage and verify quality of work performed by internal and/or subcontracted resources.
- Manage or facilitate the testing and certification of installed systems.
- Provide or schedule internal resources to demonstrate systems operation to clients upon project completion.
- Ensure all closeout/as-built documentation is created and stored in proper location for service and/or future office reference.
- Be available for project team questions/coordination based on specific project working hours/timeline.
- Engage Corporate Departments/Personnel as needed.
- Maintain and develop strong relationship with customers with direct interaction with focus on improving customers' perception of on time delivery, quality, responsiveness, problem solving and service.
- Drive project results to satisfy customer requirements to obtain client's Net Promoter Score goals.
Skills and Abilities:
- Creatively problem solve and analyze complex problems and generate solutions.
- Coordinate internal and external resources for successful project results.
- Understand all revenue, cost and margin aspects of project management including earned value management.
- Communicate and interact with internal employees, clients, and colleagues in a consistent, professional, and courteous manner through in both verbal and written form.
- Troubleshoot and solve project related issues.
- Understand and maintain project budgets.
- Effectively manage multiple projects.
- Demonstrate and apply time management skills with attention to detail.
- Understand specific project system functionality and installation processes and techniques.
- Accurately read and comprehend technical, contractual and construction related documents.
- Proficiently use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft Project and Adobe Acrobat.
- Hold and maintain valid Driver's License and a Motor Vehicle Record that meets client's driving standards.
- Ability to travel to various job sites as required.
Education and/or Experience:
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of experience as a Project Manager in the Audio Visual, Construction, Technology (Security or Structured Cabling), Telecommunication or related industry is required.
- Require experience in low voltage environments, managing multiple projects from $2k dollars to $6MM.
- Formal education in Audio Visual, Construction, Technology, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Ability to obtain formal approved clearances (Government or system specific) may be required.