Project Manager II
The Agile PM is responsible for coordinating personnel, managing customer relationships, and overseeing delivery driving process and quality improvement for specific products/initiatives. Additionally, the Agile PM must be experienced in Agile Scrum or equivalent (and/or SAFe a plus) delivery and able to implement best practices from past experiences. The role requires the ability to successfully juggle priorities in a fast-paced environment with multiple concurrent work streams based on Agile and DevOps for high profile complex Federal projects such as large scale .GOV citizen-centric public websites related initiatives/task teams. The successful candidate will thrive on the challenge and help the teams achieve a high degree of software development maturity and work as a team player in a multi contractor environment.
- Work with Program Manager on the project assignments and drive assigned projects with minimal dependency
* Interact with the client to understand the overall project needs
* Define the scope and business requirements for the project based on clients need
* Responsible for defining release schedule and aligning with program level schedule(s)
* Manage scope creep by a thorough change control process and maintain product backlog
* Create risk register, manage risks and mitigation plans for the projects
* Report project progress through weekly status reports and JIRA & Confluence Dashboards
* Support designing and creating JIRA and Confluence dashboards and its data sources
* Conduct daily Scrum stand ups and weekly project meetings, help the team with any road blocks and help resolve the impediments
* Attention to detail and excellent written and communications skills
* Coordinate, develop, and update project management artifacts in accordance with customer needs
* Conduct kickoff meetings to define roles and responsibilities of project staff, assess and validate initial business requirements, define the project scope, establish communication and reporting process
* Develop, coordinate, and manage project elements, including but not limited to Product Visions, Backlogs, Agile Schedules in Microsoft (MS) Project, Milestones, Budgets, Risks, Action Items, and Deliverables
* Develop and maintain strategic themes based on client's priorities, translate into Product Vision, develop program objectives, features, user stories, and maintain the product backlogs
* Coordinate with other project teams, which may include but is not limited to Development, Call Center, Hosting, QA/Testing, Data Provider, Analytics, Security, Marketing, and other third- party support teams such as Cloud Providers (e.g. AWS), CDN providers (e.g. Akamai), and other Digital Services popular enterprise tools vendors
* Perform frequent Project Status Reviews (PSR) with the stakeholders to report on Overall Project Status Summary, Scope, Schedule, Milestones, Costs, Quality, Risks, and Next Steps
* Conduct project retrospectives at the completion of each sprint/release, Recommend process improvements
* Gather metrics and reports status to Management
Bachelor's Degree in IT, Cyber Security Business, Engineering, Management or a related field. An Associate's Degree and 10 years of experience may be substituted for the BA/BS or equivalent relevant experience.
6-8 years of experience with a minimum of 2 years Project Management experience.
Other Job Specific Skills
* Required Education: Bachelors Required; Masters Preferred
* Years of Experience: 6-10 years of experience in software development/IT with at least 2-4 years' direct experience in an Agile (ideally Scrum and/or SAFe) environment.
* Related Certifications: Certified Scrum Master, SAFe Agilist, SAFe Practitioner (SP), APMG AgilePM or equivalent certification. PMP preferred.
* Deep understanding of Agile processes and Scrum (and/or SAFe) with hands-on implementation experience
* Extensive understanding of modern software development architecture e.g. DevOps, Open Stack etc. Prior experience as a developer and/or requirements/business analyst is a big plus
* Experience with JIRA, JIRA Agile, Confluence, Microsoft Project, VersionOne desirable
* Experience coordinating multiple large teams in an Agile environment is a plus
* Demonstrated leadership in process improvement and innovation
* Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
* Working in large scale citizen centric .GOV public websites, a big plus