IT Project Managers are responsible for the overall direction, management, communication, coordination of status reports, and accountability of project oriented work efforts and success of their projects across the IT organization. This position focuses on technical projects related to the design, development, execution, implementation or maintenance of systems or software. IT Project Managers ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations. They create scope documents based on approved charters and project plans (work breakdown structures.) They track key milestones and adjust project plans, budget requests and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
This IT Project Manager will work with the Test Leads and Technical Leads to coordinate test plans and dependencies across multiple interdependent projects. They will also work with the IT Agile Teams and Business Teams to coordinate tasks / dependencies related to User Acceptance testing, test data prep, environment prep.
Essential Functions: The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
* Manage projects or components of projects with few dependencies, limited scope, low risk and effort, few integration points and short duration within a single team of resources.
* Identify & resolve discrepancies in planned costs versus actuals incurred.
* Responsible for developing and reviewing/validating details project plans and tracking financial information.
* Communicate status of project to leadership, project team and to more senior PMs on a project.
* Understands the need for Business Case/ROI and ensures its completion.
* Participates in change initiatives and workgroups.
* Communicate project status to project team, stakeholders leadership and PMs associated with other projects.
* Advise leadership, Project Team/Project Managers on tactical solutions to dealing with barriers within a project.
* Accountable for project delivery including meeting time, budget and quality standards and customer expectations
* Facilitates project meetings.
* Creates and maintains relationships with stakeholders and team members in order to achieve mutual goals.
* Other duties as assigned.
Required work experience: 5+ years related work experience or equivalent combination of transferable experience and/or education to include Project Analysis and/or Project Management.
Required Management experience: No supervisory/management experience required
Required Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent work; preferably in an IT related field.
Additional Required Qualifications:
* Ability to manage tasks independently and take ownership of responsibilities.
* Ability to learn from mistakes and apply constructive feedback.
* Ability to communicate technical information clearly and articulately.
* Ability to adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
* Understanding of and SDLC disciplines
* Understanding of the concepts, theories and processes of the Project Management Methodology.
* Broad knowledge of IT functions.
* Demonstrated proficiency in the use of labor, cost management and project tracking and management tools such as MS Project.
* Ability to lead and facilitate project team status meetings to obtain schedule, issues, risk , and dependency updates.
* Ability to document meeting minutes, action items from project status meetings.
* Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
* PMP - Project Mgmt Professional
* Experience using Agile methodology
* Software Development and Software QA experience