Job Title: Project Manager
Type: 12-Month Contract
Location: Westminster, CO
This role is responsible for successful implementation of initiatives that have a direct impact on efficiency, cost, revenue and innovation for the company. A successful candidate in this role is a growing leader that drives through planning and execution while also managing risks, issues and changes. As our systems span multiple areas of expertise, this role requires collaboration and clear communication, both written and verbal. The scope of deliverables includes: project status, management of financials and spend against budgets, management/tracking of risks, issues, and change/decision logs. Creative problem solving while working well with stakeholders and core team members is required.
The role drives accountability and results by working with and relying on experts to progress the work. The role collaborates closely with many stakeholder groups (functional leads, architects, SMEs, development/test teams, etc.) with varied expertise, and varied organizational levels to define work plans and dependencies and to keep teams apprised of progress.
- The role is responsible for end-to-end development and delivery of solutions that meet evolving business needs. This includes specification of the service offerings, customer and operator interactions and the development of those services for delivery. The following is expected:
- Provide end-to-end project leadership from planning to business readiness/rollout
- Coordinate with Agile Release Trains, including SIT/testing, to create work packages and schedule work
- Define and track business and development milestones
- Track and communicate dependencies of initiative releases
- Manage documentation of meeting minutes, action items, risks, issues, change control and decision logs
- Communicate and manage project status
- Track and manage project spend against budgets while also focusing on EAC
- Leverages stakeholder relationships and technical expertise to enable or make key decisions
- Identify strategic milestones in concert with business and/or mission stakeholders and tie work packages to milestones
- Work with development teams to ensure understanding of high-level business requirements so that they are well positioned to deliver the appropriate business value
- 3-8+ years working experience, with at least 2 years’ experience in a relevant industry
- Prior experience working with development teams in a complex technical environment
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to pursue and resolve issues independently and escalating when necessary
- Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-through
- Excellent collaboration skills; high-energy attitude
- Familiarity with software development practices and various methodologies (Scaled Agile Framework preferred: SAFe, and Waterfall experience is beneficial as well)
- Familiarity with project management across varied stakeholders and team members
- Demonstrated proficiency in tracking risks/issues and change and decision logs and maintaining meeting minutes
- MS Excel experience with managing project logs
- Strong MS Project skills to track project schedule and dependencies
Previous experience in classified environments is a plus
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!